Nomad battery pack

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

totokan
Nomad battery pack

Post by totokan » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:58 am

I have a sega nomad, which is very nice due to the fact that it can function as a regular genesis when hooked up to a tv. Although, as a portable, I can't really use it. Currently, I only have an AC adaptor and a genny2 composite cable. How does the battery pack connect to it? I see the grooves and stuff, but does it connect directly there, or connect to the power slot on top? Also, how could I go about making a new power pack that uses plain old batteries?
Shhh! I'm not officially back yet.

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:57 pm

Well, I don't know about the Nomad battery pack itself, but as for making a battery pack that runs off regular batteries, (AAs I'm assuming) that's easy. Just buy some battery holders from RadioShack that would provide the right voltage and wire them together. Then, simply mod a Nomad power connector by cutting off the DC in tip and wiring it to the pack, and plug that into the unit. Simple as pie! :P

CTFan

totokan

Post by totokan » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:20 pm

Problem there: I only have one PSU. I don't want to mod it. Instead I want to wire my own pack up to the places where the real pack goes to. I have never owned one, so I don't even know how it connects.

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:34 pm

Well if you open the unit up, the positive and negative leads to the original battery pack port should be labled; just solder your custom battery pack directly to those. Or, you could just buy another PSU or battery pack off of like ebay or something; they're pretty cheap.

CTFan

totokan

Post by totokan » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:56 am

CronoTriggerfan wrote:Well if you open the unit up, the positive and negative leads to the original battery pack port should be labled; just solder your custom battery pack directly to those. Or, you could just buy another PSU or battery pack off of like ebay or something; they're pretty cheap.

CTFan
I would really like to not open it, as if I had wanted to, I would have put in the replacement screen a long time ago (instead that screen went to reaperman@home)

geekbait111

Post by geekbait111 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:06 pm

hi, i'm sorta back (if you know me....=D)

totokan wrote:
CronoTriggerfan wrote:
Well if you open the unit up, the positive and negative leads to the original battery pack port should be labled; just solder your custom battery pack directly to those. Or, you could just buy another PSU or battery pack off of like ebay or something; they're pretty cheap.

CTFan
I would really like to not open it, as if I had wanted to, I would have put in the replacement screen a long time ago (instead that screen went to reaperman@home)
well, if you don't open the nomad, you can't make a custom battery pack
:? . so, that way you would have to stick with an old fashioned one from ebay (or some other site you might find with battery packs)...

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:22 pm

you could always just solder a custom battery pack to a hacked up spare ac plug, like many people here do for easy and fast PSps. it seems to work well for that, why not a Nomad?
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

totokan

Post by totokan » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:45 pm

Yeah, that was the first suggestion.

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:51 pm

totokan wrote:Yeah, that was the first suggestion.
cant think of a good excuse for not reading it :P
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

Krepticor

Post by Krepticor » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:57 pm

ok look at the leads there should leads that look like springs and just bend some thicker metal to create a "False Battery" then connecto those to your battery terminals...
I refuse to dignify myself with an intelligent and witty signature

totokan

Post by totokan » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:02 pm

Krepticor wrote:ok look at the leads there should leads that look like springs and just bend some thicker metal to create a "False Battery" then connecto those to your battery terminals...
Huh?