project megadeath

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

demonofaj
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:ajsen1gma
Steam ID:demonofaj

Post by demonofaj » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:19 am

Yea, I kinda agree with Assilant :P but it's a name. About your 'make shift controller', it would not work great like that, because, where would you mount your screen? I made one like this, and look for it in the News part of the forums under, I finish what I make, Gennyp, blah blah blah. I recommend you either split the controller and spend agonizing days rewiring it, or gut apart another controller, and manipulate it to your choice, I'll tell you about it if you want, well, toodles.
"Life's a female of the dog species, then you die.."

Gump-in-space

Post by Gump-in-space » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:48 pm

Back from summer camp- And I got some new ideas inspired by my troubles with this thing...

1: There will be a lot of case work done, it will be twice as tall as a normal genesis with the cart slot curving inward. There will be a place on both sides that curve inward so you can hold it at this size.

2: The sceen will be behind the cart slot.

3: The battery will be inside the case.

I didn't name it after anything, just came up with Megadeath after looking at the name Mega Drive.
Gamelver wrote:aw, I thought they were gonna be Gameboys inside the bricks :P.

TitaniumHamster

Post by TitaniumHamster » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:53 pm

Gump-in-space wrote: I didn't name it after anything, just came up with Megadeath after looking at the name Mega Drive.

I think there's something funny going around here, when it comes to hacking Sega Systems... When I was thinking of a name for a potential Genesis Portable (I hate it when people name their systems with a "p" at the end, like PSp, N64p, 2600p, etc(p)) and I thought, "Genocide"! Genesis=Genocide? Get it? When I finish my 64SS, I am so getting a Genesis 3 and makin' my "Genocide"...
" ! "

sammy

Post by sammy » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:12 am

TitaniumHamster wrote:
Gump-in-space wrote: I didn't name it after anything, just came up with Megadeath after looking at the name Mega Drive.

I think there's something funny going around here, when it comes to hacking Sega Systems... When I was thinking of a name for a potential Genesis Portable (I hate it when people name their systems with a "p" at the end, like PSp, N64p, 2600p, etc(p)) and I thought, "Genocide"! Genesis=Genocide? Get it? When I finish my 64SS, I am so getting a Genesis 3 and makin' my "Genocide"...
That's actually not a funny thing... You might just as well put a swastika on it :(

Klefmung

Post by Klefmung » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:23 am

That just means it kills a lotta people. Not one specific people group or ethnicity. :P

Killing is perfectly acceptable as long as it isn't racist or intolerant of other religions! So says political correctness at least. I'm not politically correct. I'm a Christian.
gannon wrote:hmm... *ponders about power abuse* :P
benheck wrote:Wow, guess I should have searched my own forums! Oh wait, I don't have to since the rules don't apply to me ;)

Gump-in-space

Post by Gump-in-space » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:21 am

Well anyway, I want to get this done as soon as possible so I can get rid of it on ebay. I want to buy a saturn but I can't fit anymore systems on my entertainment center. What is a good material to use to raise the sides of the system? I was thinking metal, since the metal shielding iside the genesis can bend easily.

jedi knight

Post by jedi knight » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:42 pm

Why not just sit it on top of a dvd player or something?
Meh, I don't post much.

TitaniumHamster

Post by TitaniumHamster » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:51 pm

sammy wrote:
TitaniumHamster wrote: That's actually not a funny thing... You might just as well put a swastika on it :(
Well, when you look at the list of genesis games, you'll find a lot more violence/killing games than on it's competator the SNES, so I thought it would be fitting.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sega_Genesis_games
Yeah, trust me, not just natzis kill millions, all types of people do, from chrisitians to athiests
Klefmung wrote: Killing is perfectly acceptable as long as it isn't racist or intolerant of other religions! So says political correctness at least. I'm not politically correct. I'm a Christian.
Hee he. I'm an atheist, so I'm either concided VERY politically correct (see: Seperation of church and state, homosexuals, science vs. religion) or WAY off PC, (see: U.S. Republican party...)

Anyways, Lets not turn this into a political/religious (what's the differnce?) discussion. That's for 42. Good Luck on Projhect mega"deth" Gump.
" ! "

Gump-in-space

Post by Gump-in-space » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:05 pm

Couple different ideas for the case-

1: find a new battery and use the original case

2: get a newer, bigger case

3: I found a plastic coffee can in my closet (?) and I cut the handle out. If I do it right it would add size to the case while still being comfortable.

Oh- and when I'm done, I'm buying a genesis 3 and making a better portable for myself.

Gump-in-space

Post by Gump-in-space » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:39 pm

http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j224/ ... h=imgAnch2

I bought a 7$ project box from Radio Shack to put all the battery stuff in.

http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j224/ ... C-003S.jpg

Looks pretty good.

Gump-in-space

Post by Gump-in-space » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:34 pm

Geeze, I haven't updated in a while... I got the thing running off batteries. If you check page one, I'm using those cheap Ni-Cds because the Lead acid one WON'T FREAKIN' RECHARGE!!! :x So, I don't need the RS project box for the moment, I was thinking what I could use it for. I think it will hold the recharger, the batteries, and AV cords. I still need a screen. I can't wait to finish this monster so I can move to my next project. The smallest genesis portable concept was a far off dream, since my "portable" is huge. Anyone who wants to use the idea, go ahead. I'm done with the genesis. My next project is a secret. MWAHAHAHA!!!

Adeptus

Post by Adeptus » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:56 pm

TitaniumHamster wrote:

Isn't there a Genesis emulator called Genecyde?

Gump-in-space

Post by Gump-in-space » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:43 pm

I can now safely say the thing is an on-the-go machine, it has no screen. It will though, then it will finally be a portable.

I need a new name for this thing, and ideas for a paint job.

josh

Post by josh » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:39 pm

I'd Sugest Pure Black

And...
siseneg
Genny
MegaDive
MegaGo
MegaPortable
evirdagem
Everdrive
Evergo
Genesis On The Go
Genesis in your Backpack
G.E.N.E.S.I.S (Good Electrical Noises Emitt Soon In Spaces)

Gump-in-space

Post by Gump-in-space » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:21 pm

I like that first one, Siseneg. Thanks!