SifuF's Nintendo Sixtyfree LITE-R

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Basement_Modder
Portablizer

Post by Basement_Modder » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:06 am

You should change your avatar to the lite-r, or at least make a sig bar of all your portables... 3, methinks?

You should get a title of portableizer-64, 64 expert, or...something.

Also, and I know I sound like a total nOOb, butPLEASE MAKE A GUIDE ON THE SCREEN MOBO SIZE REDUCTION!

You MUST have time... unleeeeeesssss... you're making something else...
*giggles and rubs hands together in anticipation*

Also, pinouts really helped^
Cheers,
Basement_Modder

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:39 am

His post was already helpful to me. (Though I traced this back partly myself already) I'm sure he'll get to it eventually, but in the meantime you can also be assured that I'm working on the subject as well. I just need my screens to arrive and I can start moving from the theoretical phase to the practical phase (should be the 7th - 8th)

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:33 am

look at the views on this thread, it has over 300000! if we get a how-to guide I would rather it be on making the n64 that small
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:25 pm

well I'd imagine that you can just cut off the cart slot portion if you trace back the pins with a multimeter

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:09 pm

eurddrue wrote:look at the views on this thread, it has over 300000! if we get a how-to guide I would rather it be on making the n64 that small
Jesus Christ you're right! I thought you were exaggerating on view count!

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:23 pm

palmertech wrote:And that guy making a dreamcast tutorial, or Mario and his NESP instructable.

But other than that, yeah.
... and me...

BTW - on the pics SifuF just posted, the traces he finished on can be traced to capacitors further up the board, rather than trying to wire to the small traces; see my PSone thread.

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:54 pm

Yes - there's a place for everything where you have a bigger soldering area - otherwise there would be no need for it to exist in first place. This is also why my pinout was mostly different from yours, I stuck with small holes (for the time being)

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:19 am

Kyo wrote:well I'd imagine that you can just cut off the cart slot portion if you trace back the pins with a multimeter
but a step-by-step guide would be even easier :wink: view count 350k
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

deviouskoopa

Post by deviouskoopa » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:29 pm

Triton wrote:sifuf, did you really need to break the diagram down to the logic gates? most of these guys arent going to understand em anyway :lol: maybe post up a schematic depicting the ICs you used instead, it would likely benefit more people and cut down on the number of "what does that mean" questions (college electronics classes ftw)
SifuF did include the numbers of the AND and inverter chips, as well as the NPN transistors, that he used below the diagram. His way does seem the easiest, although in my experience with logic circuits in electronics classes, we had to only use NAND chips :)
(there's probably a way to only use 1-2 NAND chips instead, but I'm too lazy to figure it out haha)

Mario

Post by Mario » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:05 pm

deviouskoopa wrote:
Triton wrote:sifuf, did you really need to break the diagram down to the logic gates? most of these guys arent going to understand em anyway :lol: maybe post up a schematic depicting the ICs you used instead, it would likely benefit more people and cut down on the number of "what does that mean" questions (college electronics classes ftw)
SifuF did include the numbers of the AND and inverter chips, as well as the NPN transistors, that he used below the diagram. His way does seem the easiest, although in my experience with logic circuits in electronics classes, we had to only use NAND chips :)
(there's probably a way to only use 1-2 NAND chips instead, but I'm too lazy to figure it out haha)
Wow, I just noticed those numbers. :wink: If you're interested, here's how to make a NOT and an AND gate from passive components:
NOT, the transistor can be 2n3904 or equivalent:

AND, the diodes are just any common diode:

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:14 pm

SifuF did include the numbers of the AND and inverter chips, as well as the NPN transistors, that he used below the diagram. His way does seem the easiest, although in my experience with logic circuits in electronics classes, we had to only use NAND chips Smile
yeah but like 50% of our forum members are 12-15 and barely know what end of the soldering iron to hold :roll:

Mario

Post by Mario » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:16 pm

I resent that statement! I'm 15 and just as smart as any of you. :wink:

sonic4freedom
Portablizer

Post by sonic4freedom » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:38 pm

iam 17 and i burn myself with the bloody thing all the time :lol:
ShockSlayer wrote:Jarate ftw. Shards of glass in your eyes, piss all over you, and someone is about to kill you. What a way to die.
SS I miss your old Profile Pictures :lol:
-----------------
The Rising Portablizer

deviouskoopa

Post by deviouskoopa » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:14 pm

Wow Mario, I just finished reading your Instructable (finallyyyy) and I have to say, great job. It's very comprehensive and easy to follow.
And I also wish I was as electronics-wise as you are at 15... I just turned 21 and can barely solder haha (I've only completed the LED-wiz ambient lighting Instructable so far). I want to start working on an N64p (yeah I know it shouldn't be my first portable), but I'm not sure where to start other than forum-browsing and Harshboy's schematic... I suppose I'll start buying parts now.

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:53 am

it's really not as hard as you expect it to be (building a portable, that is). If you're going to leave the board and cart slot intact, all you'll have to do in a nutshell is connect some wires