The Nortendo 64p WIP

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

mikeyg
PSN Username:mikeyg95
Re: The Nortendo 64p WIP

Post by mikeyg » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:13 pm

XCVG wrote:
mikeyg wrote:
Basement_Modder wrote:ditch the controller ports and integrate a LOB64 port.
I'd have to disagree unless, you are going to see other portables, don't put in the lob64. However, if so, maybe you can have both on there, with the lob64 somewhere too.
With a LOB64 port you can save space and still use it as a home console. You need an adaptor box though, easy build.
Really, how so?

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:25 pm

mikeyg wrote:
XCVG wrote:
mikeyg wrote:
Basement_Modder wrote:ditch the controller ports and integrate a LOB64 port.
I'd have to disagree unless, you are going to see other portables, don't put in the lob64. However, if so, maybe you can have both on there, with the lob64 somewhere too.
With a LOB64 port you can save space and still use it as a home console. You need an adaptor box though, easy build.
Really, how so?
Just connect the pins to ports. Oh wait, you need power too. Well I'm sure you can figure that out.

Nortier

Post by Nortier » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:03 pm

HoHoHo: I used a zeon portable dvd player screen its 7 inch, if you find one i reccomend it because it has leds built in that perfectly lights it, but sadly I originally used the screen for a DIY projector and took of the led strip off and its gone now. Also the mobo is pretty small being about the same size as the screen and is in an L shape so the controler mobo can rest in the middle of the L.

Bactieria: see above and it takes composite and s-video.

Shakespere: it is a frankencase from the dvd player, and to someone who doesnt get as easily frustrated as i do thier is a nice little ridge to relocate the cart slot and have the game lay flat with the system. That was my original plan but i fried the board then decided not to relocate the cart slot so thats why their is that nasty hole on the back.

Basement Modder: I prolly will add a LOB64 port but i will leave the ports for home use

Progress update. I redid the backlight cus I lost the original stip but only have 4 leds and with a 7 incher the middle gets pretty dark so i want to add two more leds in the middle

Basement_Modder
Portablizer

Post by Basement_Modder » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:25 pm

Nortier wrote:I will leave the ports for home use.
Just build a "mario box" (yes, I named it.)
Mario wrote:You mean like this thing I made a couple months ago?
Cheers,
Basement_Modder

Nortier

Post by Nortier » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:45 pm

progress bump.
Added a fan and decided to start making a mario box which means i will have a LOB64 port but Im just looking for something to scrape a ethernet port from. just wish the mario box didnt need batteries.

thewise1
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by thewise1 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:17 pm

It doesn't, only for first player, or you could just put a switch on the voltage line for the first player controller.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mario

Post by Mario » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:39 am

It needs it for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th players, not first.

thewise1

Post by thewise1 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:59 am

Couldn't you just wire the power from the n64 for those though?

Mario

Post by Mario » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:54 pm

But the box isn't for the N64. It's for a portable. You plug it in, and it lets you play multiplayer on the portable by plugging in other controllers. LOB64 didn't have room for 3.3v in the plug, so you have to use batteries.

thewise1

Post by thewise1 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:15 pm

I know it's for a portable. I just didn't know that it had to be compatible with lob64. If you only use the controller lines and no video then you should have plenty of room for power. And I think you would only need one line for 3.3 volts. And if it won't power all 4 then you can just put all 3.3 volts lines from each controller together in parallel. In theory it would work.

Nortier

Post by Nortier » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:37 pm

To have a mario box without batteries you could implement a switch for one of the lines like this. Change the video line to 3.3 volts when using a mario box but then switch it back to video for link up. Heres a quick diagram.
I think that this would work, is thier anything wrong with it? Please correct me if anything is wrong.

Nortier

Post by Nortier » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:41 pm

Sorry for the double post but Progress bump. Got some more case work done and working on attaching s video instead of composite.

EDIT: look at previous post. I think this could be a good addition to the LOB64 port.

Nortier

Post by Nortier » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:45 pm

I got it all wired and working today. All I need is a lot of case work and its done!

argelfraster

Post by argelfraster » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:17 pm

lookin' good

Nortier

Post by Nortier » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:15 pm

WOO!!!. Everything is officially working but i want to touch up some stuff before I post pics. I have one more question, if their is a switch for the 12v line and it is off will the 3.3v line still draw power? When I plug the battery in the 64 automatically starts because I removed the power switch and wired it always be on but I dont always want the 64 on If im playing videos from my ipod on the screen because that would be a huge battery waster. I would just have a switch for all the power that goes to the 64 but the 3.3v line is powering the leds that light the screen.