Nintendo 64 portable solutions

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

rikitheshadow
Nintendo 64 portable solutions

Post by rikitheshadow » Fri May 09, 2008 12:36 am

Ok, constructed this post so I can gather some info from experienced portablizers that have tangled with the N64. Mainly powers concerns atm, I know its difficult to supply the much needed 3.3v line and at the correct mA(amps) or whatnot. Anyway I think my first idea is to go with the Dimension Engineering's DE-SW0XX to supply the correct voltage. Of course, i'm still a newb with this stuff so if anyone has wiring diagrams or suggestions for things like these, lol, I'd appreciate if ya'll feed me some info. Not to mention rechargeable battery solutions(mainly lithium ions)! Also, if ya'll have any breakdown on the wiring diagram or pins for the AV port would at least make the testing process a bit smoother than ripping up an AV cable.....

Not really worried with case solutions yet, and I've got the screen covered (PSone LCD Screen).

Oh yes, I recall some power issues between using an expansion pack or jumper pack, right now I'm only concerned as to play games that only require the jumper pack. (GoldenEye, Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, and a few others I can not recall atm)

Trying to search forums more to collect more info, but I must say the N64 has quite a number of pages full of topics.

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Fri May 09, 2008 1:28 am

Yes, this forum has a lot of pages full of topics, although you can do yourself a favour and just look at the ones on page 1 - look at my two project threads and you will learn all you need to to get your system working from scratch.

evilteddy
Portablizer
360 GamerTag:Kirren of Smeg
Steam ID:kizzinator

Post by evilteddy » Fri May 09, 2008 2:09 am

If you use the DE SW033 regulators you will have to connect two in parralell if you are using the memory expansion pack. If you are using the jumper pack you might be able to make it with one as the DE SW033 can supply a consistent 1.2A. I just used 2 because I wanted perfect dark.

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Fri May 09, 2008 3:44 am

A jumper pack needs under 1amp, if using an expansion pack 1.2amps should be fine as the maximum needed under max load is apparently 1.3amps.