Hi guys, some question again...

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

kirayasuo

Post by kirayasuo » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:07 am

Whcih one si the ground on the controller layout? I cant find it, thers is no details on the controller.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:17 am

Almost always ground is going to be either brown or black. Now when you cut the controller cable do you still have the end that plugs into the system? If you do just pull it apart and look at the arrangement of the wires there, and just reverse-engineer the thing so you get them all connected right.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

kirayasuo

Post by kirayasuo » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:45 am

Hmm, those i got it right, but then the problem is the L1,L2, R1, R2 buttons, I do not know how to solder htem correctly, cos Im using a custom buttons for it.

Quall

Post by Quall » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:12 pm

hmm, there should be 3 wires for each shoulder button set, at least on my controller anyways. The 1, the 2, and the negative (should be the middle wire/connection).

You connect both buttons to the center wire, then one end of each button to the L or R wires. Look on the board near the connection, I think they are labeled. I'm pretty sure that should do it, but haven't done it myself.