Radioshack Battery Bank

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Dramlin
Radioshack Battery Bank

Post by Dramlin » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:55 pm

Hello everyone i've been trying to power my snes for a little while now without success. I recently came across This product at radio shack
and decided to give it a try.

It is supposed to be able to output 9v at 660ma, or 7.5v at 800ma. But when i try to power my snes nothing happens. So since for the life of me i cant get it to work ive got a few questions.

1. What polarity is the super nintendo (I know center is positive but does that make the system, +.- or -.+? Im thinking maybe i have the polarity on the plug backwards (currently its set + to tip, or -.+)

2. Does the snes require more than 800ma to power it? That is the only thing i can think of why the 7.5 @800ma wouldnt work...

3. Besides everything else does anyone know why this multi bank wont power my snes?

thanks

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:25 am

also i just tried a 9.6v nicd battery (on the multimeter it said it was outputting 10.7v however) with no luck. Im running things through the dc port. Is that part of my problem?

Dramlin

Post by Dramlin » Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:00 am

Well i feel like an idiot :oops:

For any noobs like me who need clarification on the polarity. If you use the radioshack Multi-Voltage Power Bank make sure NEGATIVE is at the tip. I just killed my backup snes by thinking it was +...

And to anyone who wants to know, the battery bank works like a charm. and should output anywhere from 1 to 7.5 hours of running time depending on your batteries..

So i dont think its a bad deal for $15, im now able to use 4 ni-mh batteries to power the snes. And i get a ni-mh charger at the same time :twisted:

gannon

Post by gannon » Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:11 pm

yep, the snes uses the non standard input of having the shield be + and the plug be -. You can save your snes, but you'll have to open it up and replace the fuse.