Problems face while trying to desolder parts.

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

kirayasuo
Problems face while trying to desolder parts.

Post by kirayasuo » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:34 am

Im now on my finishing stages of the PSp and its going to be finally finished, left only the wirings.

However, I had one big major problem, I cant desolder the joints connecting to the controller, AV, Power ports. I tried placing the soldering iron on it for more than 30 secs and it still wouldnt melt, If those things were to be at there, It would severly affect the whole project as I need redo the whole thing as the board couldnt fix inside the frame.

The question is, how do I get those solders joints out? It seems that it is permanent joined. Do help me guys, thanks a lot.

gannon

Post by gannon » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:49 am

You could always cut them off with a rotary tool or some wire cutters. Scissors might even be able to do it if you have a good pair.

stereth

Post by stereth » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:56 am

What kind of soldering iron do you have? Does it melt fresh solder? Do you have any experience with soldering? Any experience with desoldering?

kirayasuo

Post by kirayasuo » Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:03 am

Hmm, nevermind I got it solved. It seem taht my workshop has a lower voltage soldering iron...

Thanks a lot for the replies