Pal atari mod?

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

jeroen
Pal atari mod?

Post by jeroen » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:18 am

I have the book and i'm thinking of an atari portable. But becaus i live in Europe i wonderd if the 4 by 4 square hacking works on pal atari's. I don't know if this is askt already but i was just wondering.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:44 am

Nope we dont get too many people on the forum that are over in Europe (UK doesnt count as part of Europe).

To answer your question you can do that 4x4 hack with a PAL atari. The only difference between the NTSC and PAL ataris were the output frequency of the graphics chip, which if its a PAL one is going to do that anyways so. The only thing you might have trouble with is that fact that you need to get composite out and I know that you dont have RCA jacks in the back of your tvs (well the newer ones anyways).

Good luck on the project.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

jeroen

Post by jeroen » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:45 am

Well if i find the correct pinout can i still connect the same circuitry and stuff onto the correct pins on the pal board. Or do i need to make special pal circuitry. If this is possible could someone please give my the pal pin places.

Ps. maby a noobish quistion but wat is an rca jack. Is those those red white and yellow plugs things.

HK-47

Post by HK-47 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:04 pm

Composite is what the mod puts out. And the scart thing is just rgb isnt it? I dont think so, but there may be a chance the cybertech mod (or whatever it was called) board thingie might have put out some kind of rgb. I know it outputs svid if thats any help to you. :)

Kai

Post by Kai » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:41 am

Hi
I already tryed a Pal hack but my console was broken so I can't tell you if it would work
but what i can tell you is you won't get it as slim as a ntsc cause it won't be a square 4x4 cause it has some more parts just saw aroun the big silver line and the pinout is not the same but you can trace it if you have ben's book perhaps you have to lookup a tia diagramm cause ntsc tia and pal tia aren't the same
Ill look for some pictures i made but that could take a while perhaps till sunday but I#ll try to be quick

Edit: Its now on PoD
http://www.portablesofdoom.org/2600.php
External Computer ERROR
please replace User
C64p Pal:
I've build some connectors for disk and keyboard, the screen has been taken apart and the case has been modded a bit

jeroen

Post by jeroen » Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:04 pm

thans he

Kai

Post by Kai » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:59 am

thans he
I can't translate that what does it mean
External Computer ERROR
please replace User
C64p Pal:
I've build some connectors for disk and keyboard, the screen has been taken apart and the case has been modded a bit

jeroen

Post by jeroen » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:30 am

I just mean thanks.

Kai

Post by Kai » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:36 pm

I see. your welcome(hope this is used right it never made any sence to me to say "youre welcome" when someone says thanks in my language I'd say please but I guess that makes no sence in english)
External Computer ERROR
please replace User
C64p Pal:

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:13 pm

Kai wrote:I see. your welcome(hope this is used right it never made any sence to me to say "youre welcome" when someone says thanks in my language I'd say please but I guess that makes no sence in english)
it is "you're welcome," but people mix up "your" and "you're" all the time due to laziness.
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

Kai

Post by Kai » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:46 pm

Ok I just remembered that every time I ordered a quaterpounder(royal ts with cheese) at a mc near the hotel in LA and in LasVegas they said your welcome that was quite irritating for me
External Computer ERROR
please replace User
C64p Pal:

jeroen

Post by jeroen » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:13 am

I still have one quistion (sorry don't know how to wright it) To what do these pinouts correspond. Do they correspond with te book?

Kai

Post by Kai » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:18 pm

yes that's right they are meant to fit the books description
External Computer ERROR
please replace User
C64p Pal:

jeroen

Post by jeroen » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:41 am

ok! *gets book*

maddox

Post by maddox » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:17 pm

@ jeroen

greetz from europe (germany) 2 europe

The Video-mod also works fine for PAL Models, just do it like in the sticky or in the book. I finished my Video-mod on my Atari Junior today. Works perfect.

Note :

Scart also supports compositevideo.
Here in germany you can buy adapters with 3 rca-phono jacks for the chords
(video, audio left, audio right)