Sega Master System 2 MOD

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

Visant
Sega Master System 2 MOD

Post by Visant » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:51 am

Tried to incorporate every mod for SMS 2 i could think of in this project if i forgot something please
comment me :D

Sega Master System 2 [S-video,Composite,Dual Mono,50/60Hz Switcher,Led On/Off status light ]

50/60HZ Switch and Dual Mono Sound

For the 50/60 Hz use signal from 57th pin of Sega 315-5246 chip(You gotta pull up the pin from the board)
and connect it to centre lead of SPDT switch ,to get 50/60 hz signal from console connect it to ground
and +5v respectivelly

Dual Mono Sound

take 15-th pin of the same chip and connect it to centre lead of 2 RCA jacks for audio L and audio R

VIdeo outputs(S-Video ,Composite)

To get S-Video output from console search Sony Video encoder CXA 1145
and take pin 15 (Chroma) and connect it to 75ohm resistor and 220uF Capacitor negative lead facing
outwards and pin 16 (Luma) and conect to lead of NPN 2N3904 transistor (solder +5v to collector and
27 ohm to Emitter signal which is outward facing)

For Composite Signal use pin 20 of the same chip and connect 75 Ohm resistor and polarised 220uF
Capacitor negative lead facing outwards

Power LED
For On/Off Status LED i took +5v of power regulator connected it to 100ohm resistor and then to 3v 20mA
LED

Schematics of the project

Pictures of guts ,leds ,completed case ...

Harlequin

Re: Sega Master System 2 MOD

Post by Harlequin » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:06 am

nice work! is there a region switching option for the SMS? I know there was one for the Genesis...

wilykat

Post by wilykat » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:03 pm

Really no region other than 50Hz/60Hz limitation.

There is one mod that could be added. Sega Rapid Fire module is really a simple design with switch between manual and auto fire. How about that built in?

Visant

Post by Visant » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:44 pm

Harlequin wrote:nice work! is there a region switching option for the SMS? I know there was one for the Genesis...
I have modded my other SMS 1 to have Japanese /English language switch ,will post pictures and project plans when i get time to make proper documentation

wilykat wrote:Really no region other than 50Hz/60Hz limitation.

There is one mod that could be added. Sega Rapid Fire module is really a simple design with switch between manual and auto fire. How about that built in?
Will try that very soon ,thx for idea