Ta-Daaa! My NES p0cket

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

electromaster64

Post by electromaster64 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:35 am

What did you do for the qudio amp? and how are you powering the Hip Gear??? I am assuming you are jumping the 7808, how exactly do you do that?
ImageImage

electromaster64

Post by electromaster64 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:53 pm

G-force that is stinking awesome, I am way too impressed. So what happened to the original GB screen cover that you couldnt use it? And how did you make the cart holder so sturdy?

BloodNess & bioniclebert I could not get that link to load could you post some pics. And what exactly do you have in mind? I have been sending Gannon and others PM's trying to figure out if I can fit a NOAC in a NES controller (with the game sticking out the back, to keep it thin). I think it can be done if I make the controller a little thicker or findout how to wire everything directly to the NOAC and ditch the board. I will likely use a really small screen though (not hip gear).
ImageImage

G-force

Post by G-force » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:05 pm

Thanks, I'm not sure I said this yet, but I'm really glad people like it. Makes it worth all the trouble I went through.

For the audio amp I just cut it off the hip gear board and wired it up. (I cheated! HAHA!)
The screen I powered straight off the batterys, no 7808 even in there.
I moved the brightness, contrast, color, volume pots all over the case. I replaced all but one of the pots with a different 10k pot.
The screen cover had yucky black electrical tape that was coming off so I used black permanent marker instead. It's still the original GBO screen cover.
The cartridge is sturdy because it's jammed in place with superglue inbetween the connector and the case. And the front of the cartridge rests against the case. That things never gonna come loose :)

Darth Fett
Location:On my giant space station. Firing on earth in 3...2...1...

Post by Darth Fett » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:12 pm

COOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D Thats awesome! :D I'm amazed it all fit in there! :o I'ts...my precious...(says a small,gollum-like person holding it) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Laugh and the world laughs with you; It's inhabitants are an entirely different story.

G-force

Post by G-force » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:45 pm

Thanks :) Now get your dirty paws off my beautiful NESp! :P Yeah it BARELY fit. I had so much trouble with wire... *has a bad flashback* But it all fit, so it's all good.

I wold like to make another one, but this time use bondo on the case, and a few other things. It would be pretty much the same though. But that will have to wait till I get some money...