Nesp build!

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

Lucas_wog
Nesp build!

Post by Lucas_wog » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:36 pm

I really want a Nesp like the one Ben Heck built out of a nes cartridge but I don't have the skills to construct my own. Does anybody know where I can get one or somebody that I could commission to build one for me? Obviously the builder's time is valuable too and I understand that. If anybody can help please let me know!

superben51
PSN Username:superben52

Re: Nesp build!

Post by superben51 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:38 pm

So, you want a portable Nes like this?

Lucas_wog

Post by Lucas_wog » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:29 pm

No, I'm looking for a handheld with a battery and screen incorporated into the console, a truely portable NES using a game cartridge as the case. I saw it on another website and my efforts to track one down led me here and to some guy on Youtube offering to sell them. His price seemed fair but the whole thing seemed kind of shady so I figured I'd try my luck here. I'd love to try making one but I have never soldered anything ever and can't read a schematic so it'd pretty much be a waste of time and money for me to try this myself. Any ideas or do you know anybody with time to kill?

http://www.gadgetvenue.com/nesp-portabl ... -10123328/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

superben51

Post by superben51 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:54 pm

It doesn't look too hard but if you can track down what kind of PMP he used to build it, or a substitute you might be able to get somebody to build one for you at 250$-300$. Also link to said youtuber?

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:08 pm

I think Airz did something like that, but his was a PMP in a NES cart, not a NESp.

Neat idea though, a superjoy or most noac's should fit no problem.

Lucas_wog

Post by Lucas_wog » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:18 pm

http://www.youtube.com/user/robotswillkillyou" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Problem is it's the exact same video from another guy who explains how to fix a bug. Like I said, I don't have the skills to do this myself but I'd gladly pay somebody to do one for me. The pmp talk is already over my head, though I presume it's some sort of gaming hardware. In the article I referenced he said it was a no name Chinese pmp. Considering I'm not certain what a pmp is, that's not a lot of help.

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:10 pm

Yeah that's a PMP, a portable media player, which is basically a device that runs pictures/videos, emulators, mp3's, ebooks, whathaveyou. Some are pretty decent ones (GP2x, dingoo, pandora, that new 7" yinlips thingy) while others are complete crap. Something like this is an odd occurrence because it's really more of a case mod to an existing device and he kind of made this "less portable." It's still a neat looking mod though but it's really not practical in what I think you are looking for (an actual nesp).

superben51

Post by superben51 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:59 pm

^What he said. I may (and I mean MAY!) have a Nesp in a XL soft case to sell after this summer. Would probably ask 300ish for it. How ever I can make no promises about actually building it or completion time would be.