Universal Game Cases?

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

moviefan2k4
Universal Game Cases?

Post by moviefan2k4 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:15 am

Hey, all.

I found these online a few weeks ago, but before I buy them, I'd like to know if anyone here has had any experience with them. They're made to hold SNES, N64, and Genesis carts, and I've heard they can also be modified for NES as well. So, let's hear it - do you think they're worth it? Here's the link.

Universal Game Case

tom61

Re: Universal Game Cases?

Post by tom61 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:45 pm

See if you can find them cheaper than that... $42 each would be able to get games with there original boxes off of eBay for most systems, unless the game is rare. I've not used them myself, but there a fair number of collectors that use them on Youtube, looking them up on there would probably be a good idea.

If you're willing to do a bit of DIY, rental VHS cases --probably cents per unit used, and a dollar or two new-- can be adapted for all except NES. For NES, and non-DIY of the other consoles, I think you should be able to find rental or original cases for them on ebay for far less than $42 each.

moviefan2k4

Post by moviefan2k4 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:50 pm

tom61 wrote:See if you can find them cheaper than that... $42 each would be able to get games with there original boxes off of eBay for most systems, unless the game is rare. I've not used them myself, but there a fair number of collectors that use them on Youtube, looking them up on there would probably be a good idea.

If you're willing to do a bit of DIY, rental VHS cases --probably cents per unit used, and a dollar or two new-- can be adapted for all except NES. For NES, and non-DIY of the other consoles, I think you should be able to find rental or original cases for them on ebay for far less than $42 each.
Your math is wrong; the website says that the cases are only ordered by boxes of 100, which coms to 42 cents each.

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:58 pm

Is there any way to pick up just one or two?
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

moviefan2k4

Post by moviefan2k4 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:20 pm

Metallica Man X wrote:Is there any way to pick up just one or two?
There's a website called RacketBoy, but the cases are much more expensive to buy individually. A single case plus shipping is almost five bucks from there; I'd rather pay for 100 in the long run. I posted this thread to see if anyone had used them before, and what their experiences were.

moviefan2k4

Post by moviefan2k4 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:45 pm

It's been about a month since my last post in this thread, s I thought I'd bump it up. Has anyone had some experience with these cases?