Entertainment System, Nintendo, 8-Bit

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Re: Entertainment System, Nintendo, 8-Bit

Post by Metallica Man X » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:00 pm

I'm gonna guess here that not all of it is wired up properly....from looking at your diagram there anyway lol.

Umm....from looking at your diagram...Are you actually trying to push the wall AC straight into the 7805? :shock:

The 7805 only regulates DC current, not AC. You need an 8-12volt (output) transformer. This is probably why nothing is working, and why the 7805 is heating up so much.

It takes alotta abuse to cook a 7805, so it may still be good...

Also, do you have the capacitors on each side of the 7805? They're kinda important too lol. As is having a resistor hooked in series with the LED to keep the LED from burning out. I'm guessing you'd probably need somewhere round a 160-180 ohm resistor in there to keep future LEDs from burning out.
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

astronozzle

Post by astronozzle » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:10 pm

Metallica Man X wrote:I'm gonna guess here that not all of it is wired up properly....from looking at your diagram there anyway lol.

Umm....from looking at your diagram...Are you actually trying to push the wall AC straight into the 7805? :shock:

The 7805 only regulates DC current, not AC. You need an 8-12volt (output) transformer. This is probably why nothing is working, and why the 7805 is heating up so much.

It takes alotta abuse to cook a 7805, so it may still be good...

Also, do you have the capacitors on each side of the 7805? They're kinda important too lol. As is having a resistor hooked in series with the LED to keep the LED from burning out. I'm guessing you'd probably need somewhere round a 160-180 ohm resistor in there to keep future LEDs from burning out.
Oh sorry, I should've updated the wiring diagram. I forgot to draw my groundwire on there. :/ Also, the AC from the wall is going through an adapter that outputs 12v DC.
I've made a huge mistake.

astronozzle

Post by astronozzle » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:48 pm

Ok, after FAR too long my creation is complete. I worked on it off and on while getting my degree. I finally got my degree, and I finally finished my ammo can Nintendo.

Here it is in horrible webcam vision by ACER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVGFR25Mux8

BTW, my degree is one of those useless ones, so I'm considering parting with dear old NESsie here.
I've made a huge mistake.