NES help needed fast!

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

Mr.Creeper
NES help needed fast!

Post by Mr.Creeper » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:42 am

So, I want to make a NES portable. But I got just one problem. IM 12.
I want to use a Yobo NES, a really cheap screen, and rechargable RC car batteries.
I also want to be the youngest to make a portable, But I need all the help I can get.
So, my questions are:
1.What voltage do I need for the Yobo NES?
2.Where can I get a really cheap screen thats easy to hook up?( and what voltage is that screen?)
3. Do I need any other parts?

Any help would be great! Thanks!

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Re: NES help needed fast!

Post by Metallica Man X » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:14 pm

the yobo is made of fail, go with a retro-bit instead lol. Seriously, the yobo has pretty poor emulation while the Retro-Bit is nearly perfect for the most part.

Both of them run on 5vdc, regulated via 7805 (7805 needs a minimum of 6v to work though--4AAs worth of power)

As for screens, just take a look on ebay. There's quite a many different china screens that are simple enough to hook up (composite input ftw!) Most of them will happily run on 6v or less. Only catch with them is shipping will take months lol.

Parts-wise, well, I guess those will depend on how you're making the case for the portable.
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

jaqiefox

Post by jaqiefox » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:39 pm

Due to COPPA restrictions if you are 12 it is illegal for you to post on any forum.

http://www.coppa.org/coppa.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jaqie Fox, Genuine girl techie | http://foxtecha.com

Mr.Creeper

Post by Mr.Creeper » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:36 pm

Well, i signed up for Under 13.
@MettalicManX Thanks! But personaly I don't want to wait a month for the parts to come.
I also don't want to use a step down regulator. But, if maybe you could send me a screen, that would be great!