Metallica Man's Comission Projekt!

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

Muniosi
Re: Metallica Man's Comission Projekt!

Post by Muniosi » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:57 am

Great job! Maybe making the wires shorter will prevent the "poof"?

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:01 pm

I always try to make the wires as short a possible, but the poof always happens anyway. It's usually just the positioning of the wires that does it, or something totally random that isn't wire-related. I have a feeling it's the random that's making this case poof, as most of the wires are stuck deep in the rear or the case, and are well below the lid line on the sides.

BUT, I found some small magnets, I could just fit those into the edges of the front, and it'll be enough force to hold the case together (hopefully) and make the poof go away lol.
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:59 am

Metallica Man X wrote:I always try to make the wires as short a possible, but the poof always happens anyway. It's usually just the positioning of the wires that does it, or something totally random that isn't wire-related. I have a feeling it's the random that's making this case poof, as most of the wires are stuck deep in the rear or the case, and are well below the lid line on the sides.

BUT, I found some small magnets, I could just fit those into the edges of the front, and it'll be enough force to hold the case together (hopefully) and make the poof go away lol.
You could glue some metal rods to the inside of the case for extra support to keep it flat, say 1/8" thick or something. Most hobby stores carry these rods, as well as Ace Hardware.
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

Metallica Man X

Post by Metallica Man X » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:37 pm

Metal rods eh? Interesting..

Well anyway, I more or less solved the problem of the poof...turns out I somehow managed to place the hinge joint on the base too high :wtf:

Yeah, in an effort to see things a little better, I detached the bottom portion of the hinge and sure enough, the thing sat pretty flat as a result.

So, I filled the old holes in with a pile of JB-Weld. Once that's fully hardend up, i'll drill some new holes and that'll fix that problem :)
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

Metallica Man X

Post by Metallica Man X » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:50 pm

ALL RIGHTY THEN!!!!

The beast is completed at long last!

I finally solved the poof problem. I tried the magnets, but with little success...but then I realised a far simpler means to solve the problem...LATCHES!

It's not as pretty as leaving it clean, but it keeps things from exploding, and can handle much abuse.

....now for a finished creation post in news lol.

http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=44661" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TSX420J

Post by TSX420J » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:02 pm

Amazing!!! Looks great! Cool how you made the case.