Super Joy at the mall.

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

wasted_druid
Super Joy at the mall.

Post by wasted_druid » Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:42 pm

I just went to the 2nd closest mall to my house yesterday (I've never been there before) and I found it!!! A super Joy. I run up. I check the back... expansion port!!!! I ask the lady how much. "Fifty Five Dollars" I laughed in her face and told her I could get it for $20 online. She tried to sell me by saying it had 70 games built in. "Nintendo games?" I ask. "No, no no. Not nintendo. Not nintendo" The whole while I'm playing super mario brothers on the screen. So I ask you this. Does denying that you are selling pirated video games absolve you from any legal responsibility for doing so? ;)
Jesus saves. Everyone else takes 20 points of damage from a fireball.

http://www.wasted-druid.com

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:19 pm

Ignorance as I'm sure they'd claim is never a deffence in the eyes of the law. Besides that remeinds me of how some people felt about Hitler just before WWII, if you have an agrement with him/He's just attacking Europe no worries.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:41 pm

Lets all give $26.50 to Gannon instead. :P

JackFrost22
Sir Posts-alot

Post by JackFrost22 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:36 pm

I almost got one cheap the guy saind $47 so I screamed $47 thease are illegle. They can play nes games. And he said ok ok $20 but I only had $15.

gannon

Post by gannon » Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:18 pm

lol

B

Post by B » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:37 pm

Yeah, I went to the mall a couple weeks ago and there's a big stand with a million of these. They even have 3 TVs set up as demos playing mario and duck hunt all the time. The foreign guy is always asking the little kids if they want to "shoot the ducks" and the older guys "How would you like to play Super Mario again?", humming the Super Bros. theme song all the time.

I thought about turning him in just for fun because he annoyed me so much, (I couldn't believe I had trouble explaining to him that I already had one of these), but I ended up playing Contra there for about 15 minutes waiting for the bus. I only made it to the end of level 3 thanks to the crappy directional pad (I don't use the 30 guys code, by the way).

cennar

Post by cennar » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:35 am

yeah thats our gannon.:wink:

vb_master

Post by vb_master » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:46 am

Mine left the mall.

I meant to go over and see how much, but no one was working there. Maybe it was the hermit crab lady next door who was supposed to do that, otherwise it was like "Free! Take one!"

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:40 pm

Well, here's my story:

I was at the mall a while back and saw a kiosk for one of them, but it was closed. I went back again today, and this time it was open. There were a few Italian guys running the place. They were nice and all, but were always right by you trying to get you to buy it, even before you had a good chance to try it out. I finally said that if I really wanted one, I could get one for about $20 online. He asked where, and I told him. If you get a large order to the MN, area, gannon, I hope that you'll have enough :wink:
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

diggerdanh

Post by diggerdanh » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:12 pm

A place at the local weekend fleamarket has the SuperJoy III for $60!!! I couldn't believe it. Makes me want to order a ton of them and rent my own booth there for the weekend.

gannon

Post by gannon » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:21 pm

geeze, if these guys are getting away with selling them for that price, maybe I should charge more! :twisted: j/k

s3ptic

Post by s3ptic » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:17 am

geeze, if these guys are getting away with selling them for that price, maybe I should charge more! j/k
Yah its pretty crazy I mean who would by an old Super Nintendo for 50-60 dollars? I was at a mall in hawaii and they were going for $55. I guess people just want to buy something from a store and get it right away, rather than doing like ten minutes of research, and saving a lot of money.