Super-joys becoming scarce?

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

threedog
Super-joys becoming scarce?

Post by threedog » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:27 am

Forgive me if I'm posting this topic in the wrong forum... Not too long ago, I ordered one of those Super Fun Joy Game Player things off of Amazon, with intentions of trying to make some sort of portable out of it. I thought it was pretty cool that you could plug Famicom games right into it and run it off batteries and stuff it all in a little bitty case with it's own screen... Well, I accidentally killed that one, so I ordered two more from Amazon, and when they arrived in the mail today, they were nothing like the unit I had before. There was no cartridge connector, nor was there a place on the board to solder a connector on. I wrote the seller and asked why they had sent me a completely different item, and I was informed that this was a new, updated model, and that the old model was not allowed in the country due to copyright laws. Now, I was under the impression that Nintendo's copyright ran out in 2003, but that's not important... My point, or my question, rather, is... are simple, controller-mounted NOACs with proper cartridge connectors suddenly becoming hard to come by? Are they still being produced and imported? I have been feeling greatly discouraged, having had so much trouble finding these things. This seems like such a fun, interesting hobby, but I fear that I have discovered it a few years too late. If anyone can shed some light on a good, reliable source for these items, either online or in the Phoenix area, it would make my day. Week, really. In the meantime, I'll be scouring Ebay and Amazon.

Muniosi

Re: Super-joys becoming scarce?

Post by Muniosi » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:56 am

Was it labeled as the old revision? If so, you should ask the seller why he didn't tell you there was a revision. Then ask for a refund, because he sent you the wrong item.

Pkmnjunky7
Portablizer

Post by Pkmnjunky7 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:30 am

They have them in stock at my local flea market, in the box. I think they've got like 50+ of them. I can let you know how much they are if you would want me to buy one and ship it to you. I'm thinking they were like 20 or 30 bucks. I dont remember though.

thewizdawg

Post by thewizdawg » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:15 am

I have a Super Joy III (black) and a Power Joy I could sell you. Make an offer.

threedog

Post by threedog » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:52 pm

The item pictured in the add was the old revision, shaped like a N-64 controller with a non-functional joystick, you've all seen those. The ones sent were shaped like XBox 360 controllers, and lacked the connector. The seller said they would give me a full refund. Pkmnjunky7, Muniosi, I am awaiting my refund from the Amazon seller, DLP imports, and then I'll be ready to buy another pair of proper SJs. Thanks