I think I fried my NOAC :(

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

threedog
I think I fried my NOAC :(

Post by threedog » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:16 am

I am working on a semi-portable NES project, but I think I might have killed my NOAC. I am using the board from a blue Super Joy III. Everything was in good working order before I took the SJ controller apart, but after I stripped it down and wired it up without the controller board, it stopped working. I'm not getting any sound, and the picture is scrambled. Just lots of short, horizontal lines flashing all over the screen. It looks like it's -trying- to produce a picture (if that makes any sense) as all of the colors from the "fun time" boot-up screen are present, it just doesn't add up to a picture. The first time I fired it up, I accidentally fed it 12 volts, and it gave me the crazy scrambled screen. I then added a 7805 and tried again, but it still gives me a scrambled screen. Will 12 volts kill one of these things? Do I need to build a video amp for this thing and try again?

Life of Brian

Re: I think I fried my NOAC :(

Post by Life of Brian » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:05 pm

Yes 12 volts will kill it, and I know because I've crashed and burned three or four of them over the last few years.
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

threedog

Re: I think I fried my NOAC :(

Post by threedog » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:19 pm

Bummer :( I just received two Famicom games in the mail today, and won't have anything to play them on until my new Super Joy thingy arrives. Hmmm, anyone know where I can buy any sort of Famiclone plug and play type thing in the Phoenix area? I already ordered two new SJIIIs from Amazon, but I want to play NOW! Hehe.