super joy 3 portable questions

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

Anthonyyy0
super joy 3 portable questions

Post by Anthonyyy0 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:04 pm

Hey guys, I have a super joy 3 in a brown paper bag right now...
I opened it up a few months ago to see if i could do anything with it, but im a total noob at electronics work, and therefore scrapped the project. I want to make a portable out of it though.

1) could it be done with little/no knowlege on making portables/ technology in general (I've NEVER soldered before... :oops: )

2) how can i test if it still works if the a/v cables/ power cable that came with it is missing?

3) is there a guide on this type of portable? I looked around and found nothing useful besides this:
http://portablesofdoom.org/page.php?page=nes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
but I really have no idea what this diagram means... could someone explain where exactly each of the wires that go from the board lead to?

I'm really sorry for asking so many questions. You guys are probably sick of newbies by now :mrgreen:
i know you probably dont want to do the entire project for me, and that i should figure it out by myself, but i really am lost.
Thank you for any and all info you can give me!

edit: There's two black globs (from what i understand, the ROMs?) instead of one

Anthonyyy0

Re: super joy 3 portable questions

Post by Anthonyyy0 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:42 pm

Anyone want to help me out? I was really looking forward to making my first portable. :(