Nintoaster Worklog

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

Donalbain619
Nintoaster Worklog

Post by Donalbain619 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:18 pm

I have begun a Nintoaster project. Based off of Vomitsaw’s fantastic walkthrough video, I hope to have it done in time for the New Year, so I can show my Mom that I’m not wasting my money on NES’s and toasters.

Currently I have the Nintendo stripped down, no RF modulator or useless expansion port. Also the all the capacitors are flattened, so basically the NES is ready.

The toaster has also come along. All the heating elements have been removed, as well as the unneeded circuit board that controls the temperature.

I’m still thinking about some stuff. I was thinking about blue LEDs for the lighting. The toaster is mostly stainless steel on the outside, so I think it would work well. Although I already have red ones…anyway I will have pictures soon. In the meantime check out Vomitsaw’s Youtube page and look at his stuff. It’s a bit of alright. Actually it's the only way to see it, because his site is more down than Jackson Browne! In China Town! Which is a proper noun! Alright!

http://www.youtube.com/user/vomitsaw
I have nothing clever to say here. Sorry.

Donalbain619

Re: Nintoaster Worklog

Post by Donalbain619 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:46 pm

That;s what I was thinking! Thanks for the input. I expect progress to be slow right now, I'm a freshman at the University of Toledo, and of course very busy with stuff. Actually I think most of the work will be done closer to New Years, because I'll be on Christmas break. However don't think that I won't have any stuff done before that!
I have nothing clever to say here. Sorry.