battries for Nes Portable

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

skater
battries for Nes Portable

Post by skater » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:06 am

hey guys
i already ordered my parts for my upcomming portable, but the only problem is that i cant find good battries.
i am using an AG-85 case from polycase. If possible, can any of you guys suggest some good battries for me that will be rechargeable,comming with a charger, and that can fit in the case?
thanks!
skater

flolypops

Re: battries for Nes Portable

Post by flolypops » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:35 am

I think PSP Slim battery is best for you. It is very effective and reliable. There is no problem regarding battery life. It is really nice compare to other. You can also use WII fit rechargeable battery pack. There is another option for it.

Tibia
PSN Username:Tibia1013
Steam ID:Mulder101361

Re: battries for Nes Portable

Post by Tibia » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:06 am

Wow. Um. Yeah. I guess you could use a PSP battery or a Wii Fit battery if you really wanted, but there are a LOT of better choices out there. For starters, you'd need either a voltage converter or more than one PSP battery in order to get enough power. Depending on your screen requirements, you'd run into the same issue with the Wii Fit battery. Do us all a favor, and DON'T recommend battery packs just because they're good for their intended purpose.

@skater- You've got a lot of options, really. How much do you want to spend? You can get a decent set of NiMH batteries for around $15-20. They're easy to work with in that they don't require protection circuits, but they do tend to be bigger and heavier than Li-ions or Li-pos. What kind of voltage do you need? How much does your system and screen draw? We can't help you figure out what kind of play time you'll get unless we know that, but the larger the mAh, the larger the capacity the batteries have. We need more info to really help you, though.
This post brought to you by David Duchovny's glorious nipples.