Portable NES from Lexibook

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

socram8888
Portable NES from Lexibook

Post by socram8888 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:16 am

I bought a week ago a portable console made by Lexibook with 100 games inside (yes, 100 real games, not only 5 copyed 20 times) for 13€ (~15,8743$). In fact, I bought it because I knew it was a NES-based gaming console

I and many people at a spanish forum are wondering about changing these useless games (most of the games can be finished in less than 5 minutes and others can't be finished because they are too buggy) for other better games

Here are many photos that another user from the spanish forum took to the machine, inside and outsite:
MyoCid wrote:Pues ya tengo la makinita XD

La cosa a sido flipante, he sido el primero en llegar a donde estaban las consolas y mas o menos habría una 20 unidades. En seguida me he apoderado de 4 y he llamado a dos colegas por si las kerian y al final me he kedado yo 2 y las otras 2 para los colegas.
Cuando estaba hablando por el móvil miro hacia el lugar de las consolas y me veo una china cogiendo unas 8 consolas y voy para charfardear y ya solo kedaban 2 k al final una chica se ha llevado y todo esto en menos de 5 minutos.

Os pongo fotitos:

Lo bueno: La pantalla me ha sorprendido, se ve de muerte, muy nitida y buen angulo de vision.
Los juegos, por los k he probado son versiones de originales y muy chulos, adictivos
como tienen k ser, los de naves son la caña :D

Lo malo: La cruceta y los botones, son cutres la verdad, aunke cuando llevas un rato le coges el
punto.
El sonido no es k sea malo, pero se nota k es mono, kizas porke estoy acostumbrado a la
DS y lo noto mas, se escucha bien pero una entrada para auriculares hubiera sido lo mejor.

EDITO: Mobutu16 llevas razon, pero en multiplataformas cuantos de este foro nos hubieras enterado?? yo al menos no y creo k en este foro se aprecian estas consolas :)
As you can see, the games are stored in that chip mounted on another PCB (with 44 pins, the image is a little bit blurry). Anyone knows how can be connected to a computer to write (or at least read, there are many undumped hacks in there) the ROM?

If can't find any info on the Internet, this is because that "Lexibook JL2000" is in fact a "Classic Max Lite" MX-09. Here is a photo took by me

Ask if you want any other photo

PS: In the stickers says:
31E8128M (128x8 Mb?)
20100304 (manufacturing date?)

dragonhead

Re: Portable NES from Lexibook

Post by dragonhead » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:43 am

looks like it could be similar to a radica inside. should try attaching a genesis cart slot as per the radica pinou guide.

socram8888

Post by socram8888 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:13 pm

dragonhead wrote:looks like it could be similar to a radica inside. should try attaching a genesis cart slot as per the radica pinou guide.
But this is a NES, not a Genesis, so its pinout should be different (because of the different bus size)

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:10 pm

That's using a Winbond SoC, it's not NES compatible (though it's designed to look similar)

The small board is most likely mask/flash ROM. There is no easy way to "hook it up" to a PC. If you have some electronics knowledge you may have some luck putting a logic analyzer on the pins and comparing to an off-the-shelf NOR flash rom (look for one in a TSOP44 package as the pinout may be similar)

socram8888

Post by socram8888 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:58 am

Are you sure? Because there are many hacks of NES games, an even two NES games (Elfland and other)

This Elfland game shows the same flickering than a real NES on the sprites (when there are more than 8 in a line)

There are other games that seems to use MMC, because they have the same buggy vertical scrolling as in a real NES (a pretty advanced game with vertical and horizontal scrolling)

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:28 pm

I looked at a datasheet for one of those Winbond chips and it seemed to be 65c816 based. So I suppose it's possible that it could be backwards compatible with the NES.

socram8888

Post by socram8888 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:30 am

Hey, marshallh, I surprised that you didn't remember this, because in fact, you have the same Glob-topped IC: http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php ... 94&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seems that it's some sorta of standard, since the MiWi (a Wii-like famiclone) uses the same IC:

I'll try to contact with CanardPC to see if they know the pinout comparing "standard NES mode" and "one-bus mode" from the VT-02 :roll:

hatee.exe

Post by hatee.exe » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:35 pm

I have a similar device, called a "Lexibook Cyber Arcade Center".
The memory chip on this one is branded and there is even a branded Sharp display controller for which i couldn't find any usable datasheet (hasn't the time yet to make a deeper search).

Has somebody any informations about this kind of device?

ImageImageImageImage