Famicom power supply

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

Jatz
Famicom power supply

Post by Jatz » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:40 am

Hi there!
Im looking at buying a famicom in the near future, and im just wondering what kind of power supply i would use, being as i live in Australia.
Ive heard its 10VDC 850mA with a negative tip, but i just want to make sure.
Cheers
Also, i have a powerpack for my snes thats some random brand rated at: 9.3v ac 1a, and also another one for my nes which is a switchmode regulated powerpack, thats rated at 9v dc 1.67 a. Will either of these work without frying anything?

JimmyDean

Re: Famicom power supply

Post by JimmyDean » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:11 am

I made my own with a nes psu plug and a portable dvd player psu that output 9 volts. :mrgreen:
mods completed:

NES overclock
Sega Genesis model 1 jap/eng switch

impossiblescissors

Post by impossiblescissors » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:08 pm

The power supply on my SNES is 10V DC, if that helps.

Ace_1

Post by Ace_1 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:57 pm

Jatz wrote:Hi there!
Im looking at buying a famicom in the near future, and im just wondering what kind of power supply i would use, being as i live in Australia.
Ive heard its 10VDC 850mA with a negative tip, but i just want to make sure.
Cheers
Also, i have a powerpack for my snes thats some random brand rated at: 9.3v ac 1a, and also another one for my nes which is a switchmode regulated powerpack, thats rated at 9v dc 1.67 a. Will either of these work without frying anything?
The Super NES and Famicom use different connectors for the power plug, so using a Super NES power supply(unless you cut off the tip and replace it with a matching tip for the Famicom) will not work. Just get yourself a Genesis Model 1 power supply. It's rated DC 9V at 1.2A and is center negative, perfect for the Famicom(and Super Famicom, for that matter). It's what I use to power my Super Famicom. I mean, even in Japan, the Famicom and Super Famicom shipped with the exact same power supply.