PAL nes import adapter

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

Jatz
PAL nes import adapter

Post by Jatz » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:49 pm

G'day everyone :D
I'm getting a nes for christmas after wanting one for quite a while now, and im interested in getting an import adapter.
Ive seen that the gyromite and stackup cartridges do this, but i am unsure if the PAL cartridges had the adapter.
Can anyone confirm or deny this? Is there any other way for me to play the games?
I dont want to make any system modifications if possible. If it requires disabling the lockout chip that should be okay, being as the console has the blinky blue screen :( So ill probably end up doing this anyway.
Cheers

b_w_johan

Re: PAL nes import adapter

Post by b_w_johan » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:46 am

Maybe you could specify what youre looking for exactly?

Is youre NES pal or ntsc?

What imported games do you want to play? (pal/ntsc/jap)

There are several older games containing a converter, you can identify them by the weight compared to a newer one.
But this conversion only allows you to play Japanese games on a ntsc console if i'm correct

Jatz

Re: PAL nes import adapter

Post by Jatz » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:12 pm

The NES that i am getting is pal and i believe it is an australian console.
Basically i want to be able to play japanese games on the console. I know that a pal and ntsc consoles are 72-pin and the jap consoles are 60-pin so i know i will need an adapter of sorts.
b_w_johan wrote:There are several older games containing a converter, you can identify them by the weight compared to a newer one.
But this conversion only allows you to play Japanese games on a ntsc console if i'm correct
This is basically what i want to do. I have heard that the gyromite cart can do this but i believe thats only with the ntsc cart. I was just wondering if it was the same with the pal carts.