Nintendo Power Light Flashing On and off? (Help me)

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

Wicker_2009
Nintendo Power Light Flashing On and off? (Help me)

Post by Wicker_2009 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:50 pm

I dont know what the issue is i just ordered this Nintendo online from the Nintendo repair shop. It worked great at first but for some odd reason now the power light flashes on and off? it has a new 72pin connector and a new ac adapter any suggestions on how to fix =(

weaponepsilon

Re: Nintendo Power Light Flashing On and off? (Help me)

Post by weaponepsilon » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:08 pm

Either the game is dirty or the 72 pin connector isn't firmly seated. There are other possible answers, but this is what I see as being most likely.
http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/weapon_epsilon
Trade thread!
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24425" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Currently owned: (In response to Tibia)

52 platforms; 67 individual systems; 919 singular games (0 doubles!); 2 arcade cabs

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:26 pm

Dont blow directly in the cart as your spit and other grime will ruin the contacts as well. Put it under your shirt or something first, even though blowing into carts does absolutely nothing, it usually seems to do the trick somehow haha.

Theres a pin on the lockout chip that you can clip on the NES board to keep it from flashing, I have Ben's "Super" NES page bookmarked on my other desktop so I'll edit my post here with the link in a few minutes.

Wicker_2009

Post by Wicker_2009 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:47 pm

Games are not dirty i got it off of the Nintendo repair shop lol. i cleaned them myself

WhatULive4

Post by WhatULive4 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:34 am

It could be a problem with the Lockout chip. Sometimes older systems start having problems. Basically the lockout chip was put in to stop the use of pirated games, but because it was so sensitive to changes, a lot of games stop working when connections get corroded and the lockout chip can't talk to the lockout chip on the cart.

To fix this, you can lift pin 4 of the lockout chip, and ground it. Or do what I do and just break it off. There are a million vids/instructions online just google it.