Atari 6-switch portable?

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

imac4567
Atari 6-switch portable?

Post by imac4567 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:39 pm

Is it possible?
Need LOCKERZ Invites? PM me for super fast invites!

Rekarp
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp

Re: Atari 6-switch portable?

Post by Rekarp » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:14 am

Why not? Just the board is bigger.
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:43 am

Exactly.

The 4 switch is preferred because of how easy it is to make the board smaller. With a 6 switch, you need to keep the entire middle portion of the board (which is something like 4.5" by 6" I think.) However, they both have the same hardware inside (justa different layout), so you can figure out what to solder where easily enough.

If this is a Sunnyvale-build "heavy" 6 switch you're planning on modding, please go get a 4 switch off eBay and hack that instead. There's a lot more of those around. ;)

Rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:19 pm

bicostp wrote:Exactly.

The 4 switch is preferred because of how easy it is to make the board smaller. With a 6 switch, you need to keep the entire middle portion of the board (which is something like 4.5" by 6" I think.) However, they both have the same hardware inside (justa different layout), so you can figure out what to solder where easily enough.

If this is a Sunnyvale-build "heavy" 6 switch you're planning on modding, please go get a 4 switch off eBay and hack that instead. There's a lot more of those around. ;)
There is lots of 6-switchers around. If thats what you have then use it.
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:23 pm

Rekarp wrote:
bicostp wrote:Exactly.

There is lots of 6-switchers around. If thats what you have then use it.
Correction- there's lots of LIGHT sixers around. HEAVY sixers are a lot more rare.

imac4567

Post by imac4567 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:25 pm

NVM FIXED IT
-Dylan

imac4567

Post by imac4567 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:28 pm

OK, hooked up vid circuit and only got a purple line on the left side. Sync is wired, and ground is hooked up so what could it be? Can I use bens new one if I can't?
-Dylan

Rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:01 pm

XCVG wrote: Correction- there's lots of LIGHT sixers around. HEAVY sixers are a lot more rare.
I wouldn't say allot more. The local game store here has 6 for sale along with 4 broken ones. I have 3 in my closet. I actually see less light sixers then heavy.
The wood master

imac4567

Post by imac4567 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:40 pm

Well, just bought one of your longhorn vid circuits! can't wait to get this!
-Dylan