Could I get a verification on this?

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

Exdeath
Could I get a verification on this?

Post by Exdeath » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:20 pm

So I was looking at the project archive, and in Ben's NES/Atari build, he comments that most plug-and-play "joystick games" contain NOACs, even the non-nintendo ones. So I've got one of those Atari TV Games from Jakks Pacific; might the parts inside be adaptable into some form of NES portable?
P.S. even if it isn't an NOAC (it doesn't make much sense for it to be), I'm still opening it up to portablize ;)
I get a lot of bad ideas, so don't listen to me.

XCVG

Re: Could I get a verification on this?

Post by XCVG » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:57 pm

Exdeath wrote:So I was looking at the project archive, and in Ben's NES/Atari build, he comments that most plug-and-play "joystick games" contain NOACs, even the non-nintendo ones. So I've got one of those Atari TV Games from Jakks Pacific; might the parts inside be adaptable into some form of NES portable?
If it doesn't have a cart slot, you most likely can't add one.

Exdeath

Post by Exdeath » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:29 pm

So even if I made something portable out of this, it would be limited to what's on the ROM. Considering that, for me, versatility is the main idea behind portables, I probably shouldn't waste a screen. Thanks, that's why I ask those kind of questions :lol:
I get a lot of bad ideas, so don't listen to me.

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:35 pm

yeah, and nobody has the rom chip pinout, do you wouldn't be able to know what pin to connect to where on a cartridge slot. then, they are probably very crappy noacs too, with little compatability.

It would be way easier to buy a yobo top loader.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/