Metallica Man's P-NES Projekt Work Log! 56k warning FINISHED

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

arfink
Re: Metallica Man's P-NES Projekt Work Log! 56k warning FINISHED

Post by arfink » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:47 pm

Nice job. It looks really good. Now you know enough to make an even cooler one!
Emulation isn't accurate. There is no substitute for real hardware!

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:51 pm

Thanks for all the compliments, even tho it looks like poo :lol:
XCVG wrote:
themadhacker wrote:Now for the complements. Damn, that is one nice pnes. I bet it's fun to play with too!
But seriously, did you GLUE it together? You'll regret that later, I tell ya!
Yes I did...but unlike the first time I glued it all together, I didn't go overkill on it....so if it breaks again, I will still be able to take it apart, rather than break it apart.
arfink wrote:Nice job. It looks really good. Now you know enough to make an even cooler one!
Thanks. I learned quite a bit from making this...and there's many a mistake I made on this (namely the use of glue) that I'm not going to repeat....with the knowledge gained here, my new project is going to kick some serious rumpus ;)
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

Hifeno
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Hifeno » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:07 pm

really nice man. As soon as I can get my yobo I will be building me one of these.
That's Hacking Awsome
Visit my Website http://hifeno.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

leonexodio
PSN Username:leonexodio
360 GamerTag:Leon Exodio

Re: Metallica Man's cNESp Projekt Work Log! [56k warning]

Post by leonexodio » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:36 pm

Metallica Man X wrote:First update in a long while....

Got a new NOAC for my project...It was supposed to be a yobo, but the peeps I got it from were sadly confused. Obviously, by looking at the title, it's not a yobo. It does bear a superficial resemblance, but that's the only thing that makes it's like a yobo (other than playing NES games). The guts are quite different.

This be the box for it....

On the plus side, the new device is actually supperior to the yobo in the sound department! The original yobo had some sound issues with games and sfx (like when mario jumps, it's a step or so lower). This machine, however, has zero sound difference! So the games actually sound spot on :)

On the negative side tho, the video amplifier isn't on the main board like it is on the yobo. Instead, it's on the power board...so now I gotta make a little ampy for the video.

Otherwise, I'm back on track! Hopefully I'll be able to get this thing finished and finally obtain the title of "portablizer" 8)
so what is a better nes clone the factor 5 or the retro entertainment system jw