Abadox + extended cart connector = issues?

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

vomitsaw
Abadox + extended cart connector = issues?

Post by vomitsaw » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:29 pm

Hello again, friends. I've run into an unusual problem that I'm hoping maybe someone else can confirm for me.

On three separate occasions now, I've had trouble with the game Abadox freezing on any NES with an extended/modded cartridge connector, whereas it seems to work perfectly fine when plugged into a regular NES. (First try, even). I've triple-checked my wiring and even deep cleaned the game several times. It just seems to not want to cooperate with any 72-pin connector extended with ribbon cable. It's the only game that's given me this kind of trouble, and this is the THIRD modded NES that it's displayed the exact same problem on.

So I guess my question is... Can anyone else confirm or at least shed a little light on this strange issue? Is my particular copy of Abadox curiously picky or are all of them like this? (I don't have a second copy on hand to test). It's slowing my current project down quite a bit.

vomitsaw

Post by vomitsaw » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:06 pm

Nevermind, I seem to have fixed the problem. Re-work, crossed fingers and a gentle spritzing of holy water took care of it. ...This time. It's sure to crop up for round #4 in the not-so-distant future.

Moderators, feel free to crush and incinerate this thread.