Unmarked Cartrages...

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

wallydawg
Unmarked Cartrages...

Post by wallydawg » Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:03 am

I'm having trouble finding unmarked cartrages to get an adapter. I read Ben's "how-to" on his NES Portable page but I still can't seem to figure it out (batting 0-for-2 on buying Gyromite Cartrages, I got em cheap so it's allright; I wanted the game anyways and my friend had some old games that didn't have the outer cartrage anymore so I'll send him the extra in return).

Is there any other tricks/things I can look for? Pictures would be helpful too if you can supply some, maybe if I can compare my no-adapter carts to the ones that have them I could figure it out finally.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:24 am

Well if you dont want to go around taring carts apart, you can go to lik-sang.com they sell a Famicom - to - NES adapter for 9.99.

Otherwise I guess just remember that Ben said the carts with the adapters in them are heavier then later ones (they may have a shifted center of balance too). Otherwise good luck
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:41 pm

Sparkfist wrote:Well if you dont want to go around taring carts apart, you can go to lik-sang.com they sell a Famicom - to - NES adapter for 9.99.

Otherwise I guess just remember that Ben said the carts with the adapters in them are heavier then later ones (they may have a shifted center of balance too). Otherwise good luck
yeah id rather spend 2 bucks on a game at EB or Game Crazy than spend 10 at lik-sang (plus pay shipping).

berfsicle

Post by berfsicle » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:34 am

wallydawg wrote:
Sparkfist wrote:Well if you dont want to go around taring carts apart, you can go to lik-sang.com they sell a Famicom - to - NES adapter for 9.99.

yeah id rather spend 2 bucks on a game at EB or Game Crazy than spend 10 at lik-sang (plus pay shipping).
unless ur spending 2 bucks about 15 times and havin no luck, then thats kinda pointless

RNS0504

Post by RNS0504 » Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:22 pm

MM007

Post by MM007 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:58 pm

Neat trick. There are other ways too. First, if there are only 3 screws in the cartridge, it is NOT an adapter cart.
The adapters are only in the Christams 1985 era carts which had 5 screws holding the cart together(which eliminates most of the non-adapter carts), and many of the carts with adapters(maybe not all) did NOT have the special 3.5mm Gamebit screws, but normal precision flathead screws.
^-^
Of course, it isn't just Gyromite. They can be found in any Christmas 1985 NES launch title.
Warranty-Voiding fun!