NESP,Superjoy 3+Screen pad. 03/03/06 New pics !

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

sniper_spike

Post by sniper_spike » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:37 pm

That's looking very nice, by the way, what kind of printer do you have? I was wondering because the last time I tried to print on laminate (with my inkjet printer), it didn't end up so well. But now I have a shiny new laser printer, and after seeing that decal, I was wondering if it would work with my new one.
Dr. Gregory House wrote:Good lord, are you having a bowel movement or a baby?

jeep

Post by jeep » Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:16 am

sniper_spike wrote:That's looking very nice, by the way, what kind of printer do you have? I was wondering because the last time I tried to print on laminate (with my inkjet printer), it didn't end up so well. But now I have a shiny new laser printer, and after seeing that decal, I was wondering if it would work with my new one.
Well, I didn't print anything for my NESp yet, but you should definetively try with your laser printer, I'm pretty sure it would work. (The NES thingy is coming from a real controller :P) :)

jeep

Post by jeep » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:37 pm

Here's some pictures. The front paint is good, but the behind part is awful... It looks all crippled... I have no idea why. Anyway, here's some pics

daleighan

Post by daleighan » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:48 pm

fricken sweet!

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:25 pm

looking good! for the back paint, what might help is paint it with primer first and sand it and then paint it black. do you need all that space on the bottom with it being a noac?
ImageImage

jeep

Post by jeep » Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:41 pm

Thanks for the suggestion dagguy, I had use a primer for the front, but not the back, so I guess the problem might be here. I guess I won't need 100% of the place in the bottom, but I,ll have the 2 controllers plug and all, and it's more confortable for my hands :lol: . I still need to solder the 72 wire to the NOAC and solder the others ports. My last exam is tommorow, so after, I'll have time to finish it. Thanks :)

Jeep

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:10 pm

damn straight that is one good lookin portable so far :D
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

jeep

Post by jeep » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:42 am

I finally manage to get some sounds of the hipgear ampli. I can't control volume though, I'll have to work on that one :) . I'm still in my soldering.I'm going to redo the paintshop as soon as I get more paint. I want this to be perfect. I also had an idea. I'll add an «expansion connector». Basically, this connector (probably a pc one) will be wired to the second controller, the video/audio out and the power. I want to do a second unit after this one. Basically, it will be a controller with an hipgear in a small case. That way, I can play multiplayer game such as Blade of Steel or Jackal with a friend. Anyway, wiring the cartridge connector is long as hell, but it will be worth it (if it still works :lol: ). Anyway, more update soon.

Edit: 3 wire to rewire, and I'm done. If it works correctly, I'll put epoxy all over the solders and I'll almost be done.... :)

jeep

Post by jeep » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:47 pm

So, the case is done (well, almost, need to clean some white paint and make some vinyl stickers of some sort, but for the rest, it's done). Here's some pictures of the mock up. The electronic part is also done. Hopefully, I only have to build the things now and it will be soon done.

Last edited by jeep on Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fanboy

Post by Fanboy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:59 pm

Lookin' totally hawt, man. Can't wait to see it finished :D !
God Bless Hot Glue

Turbo Tax 1.0

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:16 pm

that is totally copulate awesome would you mind telling me how you wired the amp up?
snesp mk4

jeep

Post by jeep » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:05 pm

Turbo Tax 1.0 wrote:that is totally copulate awesome would you mind telling me how you wired the amp up?

I have been working on the last month on trying to get the amp to work... Finally, I maded without it :shock: . I realised that, at least for the headphones, you didn't need to use the amp, the audio signal was enough amplified. So I used a 10k potentiometer, plugged à headphone jack and that's it, it works and it's loud ! :) . I hate that amp though... :lol:

Turbo Tax 1.0

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:21 pm

yeah when i tested my circuit for the amp my speaker caught on fire :shock:
snesp mk4

jeep

Post by jeep » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:09 pm

Turbo Tax 1.0 wrote:yeah when i tested my circuit for the amp my speaker caught on fire :shock:
Lol :lol: This amp is freaky. So I started the process of building the things.Sound jack/volume control and audi plug are installed and work perfectly. Controller is installed. Screen and control board is installed and plugged in. I'll put soon up as soon as it's done.
:)

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:14 pm

That is beautiful! It looks fairly small too.
Refusing to change my avatar since like freakin 2007.