rf superjoy?

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

kylechu
rf superjoy?

Post by kylechu » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:05 pm

would it be possible to get rf out of a superjoy?
\

G-force

Post by G-force » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:44 pm

Gotta ask.....WHY?! RF sucks.

kylechu

Post by kylechu » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:04 pm

A very long chain of events, my vcr fried, my nes fried, my backup nes fell out of my window (true story), and my crummy TV will only work on rf (darn you early ninties televisions). I also don't really want to drop 15$ on a converter thingy'ma'jiggy. Also, I just wanted to know if it was possible.
\

11up

Post by 11up » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:35 am

If your that desperate for RF, try cutting off an RF plug, find the ground wire most importantly. Then find the sound and video wires, one for each of course. After that, solder those wires going to the NOAC's composite jacks, supply ground where needed and you get the idea. I can't say for sure it will work and you may need a wii bit of trial and error to make it work, but that's probably your best chance of getting RF on your NOAC without an adapter of some sort. It's sad all of that happened to you, talk about the worst of luck :( .
Edit: Sorry for posting something that I should have tried myself before I put it here. It was just an idea anyway, but using an RF modulator does make more sense though. :)
Last edited by 11up on Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What's in your soda?

joevennix
Portablizer

Post by joevennix » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:37 am

11up wrote:If your that desperate for RF, try cutting off an RF plug, find the ground wire most importantly. Then find the sound and video wires, one for each of course. After that, solder those wires going to the NOAC's composite jacks, supply ground where needed and you get the idea. I can't say for sure it will work and you may need a wii bit of trial and error to make it work, but that's probably your best chance of getting RF on your NOAC without an adapter of some sort. It's sad all of that happened to you, talk about the worst of luck :( .
Err that won't work at all...
Your best luck is trying to re-use the rf modulator inside your old vcr. It should be an IC with two coax jacks (in/out) and 4-5 pins on it. It will be shielded, so it should look like a little metal box with pins sticking out. Figure out the pinout from the web, one will be video in, one will be audio in, one will be VCC, and one will be ground. Make sure you have a very stable VCC, otherwise the picture will be wavy; you should throw some caps in there between VCC and ground.
I made one once on an old TV I had when I was starting to build a tiny arcade project I never finished.

jeroen

Post by jeroen » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:48 am

If you have a snes you can desolder a really small modulator

kylechu

Post by kylechu » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:23 pm

kay, thanks peoples. I'm gonna use a vcr. I got an old one that's jammed.
\