My NOAC Portable(Yay first portable!!!)

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

cj_h4x0r
My NOAC Portable(Yay first portable!!!)

Post by cj_h4x0r » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:56 am

Well, I'm still waiting on my Power Player II(should be here tomorrow). So I have been throwing around case ideas in the mean time. I'm using the case that ladyada used on the game grrl(link).

Although the configuration on the game grrl is sufficient and all, I like "landscape" looking portables. So with my hardcore paint skillz, heres the mock up. If you print in actual size(100%), it is the real size of the portable(although I don't think anyone will print it!).

With some super imposed Zelda action!!! The top two buttons are start and select, the middle three on the bottom are the brightness, volume, and contrast of the screen and speakers. The switch on the left side next to the three turners is the on/off buttons. Then the circle thing on the right side of the turners is the headphone jack. The intec screen I got fits pretty well in the picture, but I think it might be too tall to actually put in this position(have yet to get the intec screen as well :( ).

Anyways, thats my plan so far, too bad the NOAC won't have Zelda on it... But hey, still pretty good I think!

Input is welcome, I will post again with in project shots hopefully in the next couple days, just waiting impatiently tell then!

px,
h4x0r

Rellizate

Post by Rellizate » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:05 am

Cool, but I think you would want more things on the top and back of your portable. The front of it will be crammed for space already what with the screen, controlls, wires, speakers, e.t.c

Try and put the stuff on the top, botton, or the rear of the portable. Plus, it looks better.

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:09 am

Hmm, the battery compartment in the case used for the game grrl takes up a bit of space in the bottom. The d-pad is probably alright, but depending on how large the board for the screen is it might have to be shifted to the right a little, which is obviously something you don't want to do.

Do you already have the screen and case? If so, then I'll just take my advice elsewhere... :D
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

cj_h4x0r

Post by cj_h4x0r » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:24 pm

Sadly the hip screen pad was destroyed, so I'm awaiting my new one! I was testing it out and I must of bent it wrong or something and the small ribbon cable that goes from the screen to the controller chip tore enough to get 3 of the little circuit lines... :( I'm in the progress of testing out a way to fix it, but we shall see what happens to that screen. The intec screen I ordered a couple days ago is hopefully waiting in the mail box at home. I know the hip game pad won't fit like I want, bit hopefully the intec one is a little smaller/not as tall. But if all else fails I'll just flip it over and have it like the game grrl. Hopefully it will go the way I want though, its no fun if you don't make it different in my opinion, but meh, having the game grrl is cool all by its self!

TitaniumHamster

Post by TitaniumHamster » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:02 pm

Rellizate wrote:Cool, but I think you would want more things on the top and back of your portable. The front of it will be crammed for space already what with the screen, controlls, wires, speakers, e.t.c

Try and put the stuff on the top, botton, or the rear of the portable. Plus, it looks better.
What? He's got plenty of room on the front.
" ! "

Geebs61

Post by Geebs61 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:51 am

cj_h4x0r wrote:Sadly the hip screen pad was destroyed, so I'm awaiting my new one! I was testing it out and I must of bent it wrong or something and the small ribbon cable that goes from the screen to the controller chip tore enough to get 3 of the little circuit lines... :( I'm in the progress of testing out a way to fix it, but we shall see what happens to that screen. The intec screen I ordered a couple days ago is hopefully waiting in the mail box at home. I know the hip game pad won't fit like I want, bit hopefully the intec one is a little smaller/not as tall. But if all else fails I'll just flip it over and have it like the game grrl. Hopefully it will go the way I want though, its no fun if you don't make it different in my opinion, but meh, having the game grrl is cool all by its self!
If you decide to scrap the hip gear, is it the PS2 version? What do you plan on doing with the broken ribbon cable? I busted mine clean in half, and fixing 3 traces is better than all of them.

So what do you say? Can I have it? What do you want for it?
"Being a teenager is to experience a renaissance of the body, mind and spirit. It is to experience life at it’s fullest." - Cliff Eiffler

cj_h4x0r

Post by cj_h4x0r » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:18 am

Sure, it has more like 6 leads tore now because I dropped it, and and the same time the backlight broke as well. I was just trying to disconnect it so I could work on making it work, but then had one side of the backlight out and it just broke in two in my hands! :(

If you still want it pm me your address and I'll send it to ya!!! You probably got the original backlight so your set hopefully. I put some tape on the ribbon cable to keep it from ripping any more.
Don't you hate shipping? OOOOH $1.70 for parts!!! OMFG but its $40.00 SHIPPING!!!