EZ Controller ports

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

figmentfilm
EZ Controller ports

Post by figmentfilm » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:59 pm

I've seen a few people post that extension cables are a cheap way to get NES controller connectors. I had an 'ah ha!' moment bouncing around eBay (for those who don't know about eBay, it's where I store all my savings.) Remember the Four Score? No, nobody does. Like, 3 or 4 games supported this multiplayer beast, but you can get them cheap on ebay, and they have 4 solder ready, easy to mount controller ports in them! I just got the one I needed out of mine ($5 shipped!)
Plus, the enclosure is going to do nicely for a future project... I think I finally have my GOAC case figured out!
Cheers!
Marc

Gump-in-space

Post by Gump-in-space » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:45 pm

I reemember the four score, do you remember the satellite?
Gamelver wrote:aw, I thought they were gonna be Gameboys inside the bricks :P.

figmentfilm

Post by figmentfilm » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:26 pm

oh gahd, wasn't that the wireless one that would cut out if you even held the controller at the wrong angle?

Gump-in-space

Post by Gump-in-space » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:19 pm

It was wireless, but not a wireless controller. It was basicly a four score that was wireless, and yes, was unreliable.
Gamelver wrote:aw, I thought they were gonna be Gameboys inside the bricks :P.

Rekarp
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:58 pm

Oh, i have one of those. It eats batteries like nobody's business.
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

76000-in-1

Re: EZ Controller ports

Post by 76000-in-1 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:20 pm

Note: Yes, I know that this is an old thread (2007). I found it via a Google search, and I figured I should add some more info to it for anyone else who might come across it the same way. :wink:

For what it is worth, several electronic component vendors now carry the NES controller sockets, including Parallax, Digi-Key, and Jameco.

http://www.parallax.com/Store/Component ... roductName" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://parts.digikey.com/1/parts/244049 ... 32360.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... 2111564_-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Digi-Key and Jameco list Parallax as the manufacturer, with the same part number for all three, so you can order from whoever you normally go through. No need to hack up the dwindling supply of Four Scores anymore. 8)