almost... Ok. maybe not quite.

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

Geebs61
almost... Ok. maybe not quite.

Post by Geebs61 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:37 am

I have been working on a NESp for almost 3 years.

"why so long?!"

"Well, its simple Johnny!"

I am poor. I fried 2 NES's in the process. messed up 3 game genies. but about a year ago I finally got the board running off batteries, and the RF removed and it all worked perfect. So I went to the PSOne screen I had bought several months earlier. All I needed to do was connect the screen, wire power to it, and build a case. Then this guy named Murphy came and kicked me in the groin. The screen no longer worked. So I worked diligently to fix it. I got the screen to work again. So i was gonna do an LED mod on it, mainly because I inadvertantly snapped the cathode tube on the existing backlight. then.. I fried the screen again. then you all introduced to me the new "MegaMechaPowerRangerZeoJoyHappyHappyJoyJoyPowerPlayingMillionInOneGameThing.net" and say Hey its a really cheap NOAC. now my original case design could work, and I also have money so you might see something from my epic journey into portable-dom... ness.

-Gary
http://MarioNES.EmuXhaven.net
"Being a teenager is to experience a renaissance of the body, mind and spirit. It is to experience life at it’s fullest." - Cliff Eiffler

GutsMan

Post by GutsMan » Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:11 am

I've started "building" a NESp after visiting www.classicgaming.com/nestable I opened my NES, gutted it, and thought, "hey, maybe I can use my Game Gear screen". So after hacking apart a perfectly useful Game Gear, then reading that you could NOT use it without a tuner, I put the pieces of both systems in a box under my bed. I swore that I would start building again as soon as I find a colour pocket TV. Plus, I want to find that SuperJoyMechFighterGameFlyingGameThingy. Unfortunately, my local mall sells PS2, XBox and GameBoy Advance things.

gannon

Post by gannon » Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:45 am

hmm....is your name a referance to megaman?
Anyways, I'll be selling those in my shop for around $20 a piece. Also, my shop will be opening sometime this week!