Jeep's NESp v2 cartridge connector

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

jeep
Jeep's NESp v2 cartridge connector

Post by jeep » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:17 pm

Hi guys, I'm working on another NESp. The same thing without the flaws of the first.I have a BIG problem. I have build an adaptor 60 pins to 72 pins from a family converter (2 in fact, but that's another things). So, I wanted it to be removable so that way I wouldn't risk another NOAC. So well, I've check every wire, and everything. The sound is good, control are good, but I get a messed picture. I have check with a magnifiant glass and I see no wire that touch another where it shouldn't. So anyway, I need an hint. Anyone knows what pins are related with video ? I don't know what to do. I've spend 2 hours on looking that thing. Anyway, here's a picture of the picture I get. (yep,Mario/Duck Hunt ^^). I followed the family converter pin out. The NOAC works well with a normal family converter too. So the trouble is really on my converter. So if anyone have an idea. I might continuity check every wire, but that is going to be a pain ^^. Any ideas ?

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:18 pm

Have you tried other carts?

My copy of SMB/Duck Hunt does that too, and it's played on a real NES. The game should play normally, except for the screwy graphics. (It does, doesn't it?)

jeep

Post by jeep » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:43 pm

Well, it does that too with Ghost and Goblins and my other carts that work flawlessly on my NES so... But yeah, in some games, it plays like Ghost and Goblins work. Thanks though, could have been that. :wink:

Jeep

Indigno

Post by Indigno » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:17 pm

The other day I sat in front of our plasma tv for about 2 hours trying to hook up my NES to play mario. No matter what I kept getting a picture very similar to the one you're getting. I finally figured out that the TV was set for High definition/ component quality and kept trying to display the RCA quality signal as such. Make sure that your TV is set to handle an RCA signal like that (Though I doubt a TV that small would have such a setting, I have seen them at the Sam's :))
Getting a tan while everyone else is in a blizzard... >.<

scherzo

Post by scherzo » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:27 pm

I always heard that playing video games, especially old ones, is not good for plasma TVs and can burn permanent images onto the screen.

Kyosho
Portablizer

Post by Kyosho » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:46 pm

scherzo wrote:I always heard that playing video games, especially old ones, is not good for plasma TVs and can burn permanent images onto the screen.
I believe you're thinking of rear-projection.

gannon

Post by gannon » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:17 pm

CRT & Plasma can both get burnt in images, although you'd have to be playing for a really long time straight. LCDs don't have that problem.

Indigno

Post by Indigno » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:19 pm

You're thinking of games with health bars and stuff that stay in the same place for long periods of time... Which is the same thing as the logos on the bottom of the screen on sports channels and stuff...
Getting a tan while everyone else is in a blizzard... >.<