Cleaning an atari

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

keilbaca
Cleaning an atari

Post by keilbaca » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:32 pm

Hey all, I need help. I bought a normal 4 switch atari to put on the a/v mod. I looked on the back and it had a Sunnydale, CA sticker on it. I did some search on www.atariage.com and I found out that I have a rare promotional 4 Switch Atari 2600. Now, when I got it, it was extremely dirty, the cable was cut for direct connection to the tv via coaxial, and it looks like the upper left corner of the atari plastic was melted, or dented I don't know if it came like that or it happened during the course of the handling. My question is that what can I use as a safe chemical to get out the dirt between the ridges in the atari. I don't want to ruin this very rare piece of history, but I want to have it clean also.

someone

Post by someone » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:50 pm

try using something like a q-tip first with some water on it....

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:21 am

Well some rubbing alcohol can be useful, beyond that cleaning it would involve nothing but elbow grease.

The only other option I can offer is take the thing apart and clean the case that way, you'll get it cleaners the onlthing is you'll have to take it apart and make sure if there are any stickers they dont come off.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:27 am

Thanks, I just want something to like stain the plastic, thats all