Possibly the first AOACp.

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

Klefmung
Possibly the first AOACp.

Post by Klefmung » Tue May 02, 2006 1:40 pm

After I finish my PSOne/NES combo thingy (expect it soon, eh?) I will be working on an AOAC (flashback 2) portable. Has this been done already? I hope not, because my cartridge slot came in the mail today. >_< So Expect possible updates possibly soon.
gannon wrote:hmm... *ponders about power abuse* :P
benheck wrote:Wow, guess I should have searched my own forums! Oh wait, I don't have to since the rules don't apply to me ;)

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue May 02, 2006 1:42 pm

Someone said they were going to, but I don't know if he followed through with it.
Refusing to change my avatar since like freakin 2007.

Klefmung

Post by Klefmung » Tue May 02, 2006 1:44 pm

I thought everyone would JUMP on a new OAC mobo. But I guess I am the only. So expect it soon, maybe, if I can ever get these controls wired for the psone/nesp.
benheck wrote:Wow, guess I should have searched my own forums! Oh wait, I don't have to since the rules don't apply to me ;)

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Tue May 02, 2006 2:43 pm

Nope you'll be the first. As to way people haven't made one yet? I guess people haven't found and bought a Flashback 2 yet.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

shmagoogin77
Portablizer

Post by shmagoogin77 » Tue May 02, 2006 7:01 pm

you could make one with gannons PCB which is smaller

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Tue May 02, 2006 7:22 pm

actually, I think that even a regular Atari cut down to a 4x4" square with Ben's instructions would be even smaller than a FB2.
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

gannon

Post by gannon » Tue May 02, 2006 7:23 pm

Unless you modify the FB2 a lot I think it's better to make a portable using a real atari.
I was going to make one with mine, but I didn't feel like tracing all the leads to cut it down to a reasonable size.

SurfinFool

Post by SurfinFool » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:16 pm

The problem with the flashback 2 is how long it is, while its only an inch or so wide its something like 7 inches long.
Take my advice, never play Final Fantasy while you're drunk. You do crazy things like thinking you can take on a tonberry with you level five party or using a mage for melee.

Klefmung

Post by Klefmung » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:18 pm

oooold topic. >_> And, I still can't find a cart slot, although I have been looking, rest assured.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:26 pm

SurfinFool wrote:The problem with the flashback 2 is how long it is, while its only an inch or so wide its something like 7 inches long.
Known and this topic is old. Please don't bring up old topics that are over a month old if there is nothing really helpful or progressive to the topic of the thread. Just a light warning.

P.S. I'll say at least you got the ball rolling again on an old project.
Klefmung wrote:oooold topic. >_> And, I still can't find a cart slot, although I have been looking, rest assured.
I know there are some Atari die-hard fanatics that would curse me to hell, but just buy a broke or untested Atari 2600 of ebay (can find them for under $10) and use that cart slot. I'd be also suprised if AtariAge's shop doesn't have any cart slots.

Hope you can comptele the project.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment

I am a geek.

SurfinFool

Post by SurfinFool » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:30 pm

Oup sorry didn't mean to bring up an old topic i just saw it and posted wasn't really paying attention, the easiest cartridge I found is just taking it from an old atari but that is pretty odvious.
Take my advice, never play Final Fantasy while you're drunk. You do crazy things like thinking you can take on a tonberry with you level five party or using a mage for melee.

Indigno

Post by Indigno » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:24 pm

I saw one in a Target the other day, but I think it's actually more expensive than buying an actual atari secondhand.
Getting a tan while everyone else is in a blizzard... >.<

Ari

Post by Ari » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:38 pm

I thought that that thing just had an emulator running on it. Or is it a real copy of the 2600 hardware? Because if it's just running an emulator... well, just about anything can emulate an atari 2600 nowadays.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:53 pm

Ari wrote:I thought that that thing just had an emulator running on it. Or is it a real copy of the 2600 hardware? Because if it's just running an emulator... well, just about anything can emulate an atari 2600 nowadays.
Nope they condenced the Atari 2600 down to a signle chip. The company that released the Flashback 2 made it an AOAC (Atari on a chip) as a lot of people were disappointed with the orignal being an NOAC. and the Atari 2600 hardware is in the public domain now. I will agree you can emulate an Atari with something like 50MHz computer, and they have made ports of Atari game to the NES hardware to run them on NOACs. But emualation isn't as good as the real thing. Ben shows why in his making of the Atari 800 laptop.

I am a geek.

vb_master

Post by vb_master » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:58 pm

Sparkfist wrote:The company that released the Flashback 2 made it an AOAC (Atari on a chip) as a lot of people were disappointed with the orignal being an NOAC.
Actyally one of the AtariAge forum members designed and first posted about it.