Frog Pond FB2.0 Video Jitter

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

A_Username
Frog Pond FB2.0 Video Jitter

Post by A_Username » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:27 pm

Your video in Frog Pond on the Flashback2.0 ever give a jitter for a quick second?

I hope it aint broken

:(

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:27 pm

A lot of my FB2:0 games jitter as well. I suppose it's just the emulation of the atari console and you'll have to learn to live with it?

A.J. Franzman

Post by A.J. Franzman » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:54 pm

It's not emulation - for the most part, the circuitry in it is the same as what's in the 2600. The only real differences are the sound circuit error that was in the first revision, and the unauthorized video "improvement" made by the Asian company that was only supposed to fabricate it as designed. This "improvement" was to remove the "comb" (HMOVE bars) on the left side of the screen, but unfortunately it broke graphics handling with many games that were not built in. This is why, when you add a cart port, games like Cosmic Ark and Galaxian don't work right.

The excessive jitter or flicker you see on some of the built-in games is because they are brand new homebrew games that were completed under extreme deadline pressure and there simply wasn't time to fully test and perfect them.
Mum! Dad! Don't touch it! It's EEE-VIL!

WTD: Donated dead Atari 2600 consoles, mobos, or their ICs.
2600 NTSC cartridges and manuals.
Click for TRADE/SELL and WANTED lists.