whats easier to make a portable n64 or a portable nes

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

someone

Post by someone » Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:47 pm

someone

Post by someone » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:32 pm

if anyone looked i just fixed it. sorry bout that!

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:47 pm

Although I've never built or worked on a NESp, I can say that an N64p isn't real hard to make in my opinion. The NESp definetely has the ability to be a lot smaller than an N64p, though. But if you like one system better than the other, then go for it!
Without games my life would have no meaning.
Well, I guess it would, but it would be a lot less fun!!!!!!!

thelostgameboy

I'm lean, mean and new so I'm green.....uh.......yeah

Post by thelostgameboy » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:28 pm

Greetings to all who lurk in these forums of portibleness! I have procured (obtained) a Super Duper Funky Pants Ultra Mega Low Carb Joy III 76000 in 1 (the box looks exactly like the one in the lair [web page whatever] of the Mighty Gannon). I wish to modify (not portabilize [it's sacrilege I know]) this device to the following specifications:

Create sort of MIN.-E.S. (Miniature Entertainment System)

1. plays Famicom and NES games (THANK YOU GANNON!!! #1 is now easy)

2. on the console have two controller ports, a reset button, a power button, DC port/plug/hole/thing and RCA AV outputs

3. continue to have the option of battery power

4. keep stored games

Now why did I say all this? I'm glad I asked! I have very little idea of what I'm doing..... I make Ben's aforementioned monkey look smart. So I may be asking stupid questions in later posts. Please be kind.

After opening my S.D.F.P.U.M.L.C.J. III 76000 in one I popped on the net, went to Ben's old site, looked at his NESOAC portion of his Fakeycom and was horrified that it looks different than mine. Don't worry long sentences are good for you. After going to the new site (I'm glad he kept the stripes), I scrolled through the forums and found Mr. Mime- uh (sorry pokemon flashback) Mr. Mod's pic of his Joy-a-ma-bob. Then I was RE:horrified (sounds terrible doesn't it [at least it wasn't FW: then I'd have to remove all those greater than symbols]) it also was different!

Where might I find info on the 12 wires in one cable thing coming out of mine? Mine has two globs of black stuff and a Toshiba chip and various capacitors. The 12 wires in one cable thing comes out of the "narrow end" which is oppisite the the cartrige slot. I'd give you guys a pic or 4 but I have no way to host 'em.

([{Perhaps in my next post I will have had more sleep and less coffee.}])
"Elect who? Conman T. Ripoffer? Now that's a name you can trust!"