Power player 3 W/ NES controller

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

bioniclebert
Power player 3 W/ NES controller

Post by bioniclebert » Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:56 pm

I was wondering if anyone was able to get a NES controller working, and if so, what did you do?

Yesterday I got my power player 3 in the mail, And the NES controller wont work with it. I know that they are in the correct pins because the Video, audio, power and my LED work fine, and Im using both your guys pinouts, and Bens.

I can re connect the power player pad, but that thing is a piece of junk, and it wont fit inside an original NES controller case anyway. If anyone could help me get this working, It would be severly appreciated.

I need the NES controller to work, because I want the original feeling to it, and the Controller is the case for it. I've managed to fit bolth the controller AND the NES clone itself inside the NES controller, making An EXTREMELY small portable. The batteries would be connected to the system through the battery slots on the TV, saving room in the Controller case.

So bascially If you know how to get the controller working, please tell me so I can get cramming. (literally)

EDIT

i think I solved my problem. Wait around to see if it works. If i can post pictures, I will.
I found someone else who mixed a NES board with a power player one and It worked for him

bascially Im going to put the NES controller through The Glop top on the power player thing, and then put it straight back into the pirate.
Sounds fun,. so i better start now.
Last edited by bioniclebert on Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:02 pm

Hmm. NOAC in the NES controller. I like. Could do the clip-on method Ben uses with those Sony Camcorder batteries, have it attach to the back, then have A/V and power cords going to an external TV. I must experiment with this.

bioniclebert

Post by bioniclebert » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:08 pm

Ive just read another post and i found this
http://pinouts.ru/data/snescontroller_pinout.shtml

I was wondering If my SNES controller might work on this one?
Yet I dont know how to cram that in...
Mabye Il switch to a SNES controller If it works.

bioniclebert

Post by bioniclebert » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:24 am

Update:

I really need help. If anyone knows how to connect the NES controller pinouts through the power player glop top, and to make it work I would appreciate it if you could help me out with pinouts or anything at all.

I know where to connect CLk, P1 data, power, etc. on the famicom fakey board, but I Do not know wich pins produce it on the power player. (player 2 pad) So If you know the pinouts for the Glop top, i would really need those.

Bascially, Im trying to send the NES controller Through the glop top instead of the NES chip. then I can make the controller work with the pirate NES and make something cool