RetroN 1?

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

AdumUp
360 GamerTag:AdumUp
Steam ID:AdumUp
RetroN 1?

Post by AdumUp » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:50 pm

I was browsing Stoneagegamer.com a few days ago and saw the RetroN 1. At $15 its not a huge dent in my wallet and I could finally play a few old games i have laying around from back in the day.
I searched google and I used the search here on the forums and I couldn't seem to find anything about it.
I was curious if anyone knew how the compatiblity is, I think I read somewhere here that the knock off consoles had a problem with playing some games.
Also I was cuious if anyone has used one of these for a portable and had any pictures of the internals.

Would this be an ok console to use for a portable? Or would I be better off buying an FC twin or Retro Duo?

Tibia
PSN Username:Tibia1013
Steam ID:Mulder101361

Re: RetroN 1?

Post by Tibia » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:12 pm

I had that exact one a while ago. The compatibility was pretty decent, that I recall. I actually started building a portable with it, I had problems with the traces lifting, though. I'd never heard of anyone else having that problem, and at that price, I'd take a chance on it again. You could almost buy three of that for the price of the others, and you aren't throwing away the SNES stuff.
This post brought to you by David Duchovny's glorious nipples.

AdumUp

Post by AdumUp » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:30 pm

Ill go ahead and pick one up and see what happens. its not like I'm taking a large financial hit if anything goes wrong.
Is there a list anywhere of games that do/don't work?
And do you have the measurements of the board, or can you give me an estimate so i can start messing around with some ideas

Tibia
PSN Username:Tibia1013
Steam ID:Mulder101361

Post by Tibia » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:19 pm

I measured the complete console to be 5.5" square, by about 1 5/8" thick. There's three separate boards in it, but I have no idea how big they were. It's been a few years, sadly.
This post brought to you by David Duchovny's glorious nipples.

AdumUp

Post by AdumUp » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:28 pm

Thanks! I ordered the console yesterday, I'm going to wait until i finish my Nintendo 64 before i take this thing apart though and start messing with it.