RGB on a NES?

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

Stooge
RGB on a NES?

Post by Stooge » Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:58 am

I dont know how to get RGB (red, green, blue video output :roll:) out of my Nes but seeing a Ben used a PS-one screen (I think)
it makes sence he used RGB and not the RF plug thing that Tighe made. I've tried searching Google but got no results,
so does anyone know how to ger RGB from a Nes paticualy a Pal one. :)

gannon

Post by gannon » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:04 am

There is only one way to get rgb out of a nes and that is to replace it's ppu with one from the nintendo player's choice 10 arcade machines. If you want to spend around $50 you can get the motherboard of one including the ppu on ebay.

guest777

Re: RGB on a NES?

Post by guest777 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:01 pm

Stooge wrote:I dont know how to get RGB (red, green, blue video output :roll:) out of my Nes but seeing a Ben used a PS-one screen (I think)
it makes sence he used RGB and not the RF plug thing that Tighe made. I've tried searching Google but got no results,
so does anyone know how to ger RGB from a Nes paticualy a Pal one. :)
weeeell...if you look on the links part of the nesp page there is a french page about gheir nesp (called npes) , and i shows a diagram of some odd connector that goes on the side in place of the av (standard, not modded) connected to an scart connector...i THINK that it has rgb...sooooo, get a french nes and you should be set... :)