Picked up Wii U and now Wii is broke

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

Hifeno
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Picked up Wii U and now Wii is broke

Post by Hifeno » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:46 am

I picked up my Wii U last night and updated it which took 4 hours. After which I started to use the transfer tool. Well when I went to my Wii and inserted the SD card when it asked the system froze and gave me a message "An error occurred while accessing Wii system memory." I called Nintendo and they told me to format it to see if that fixed it. It did not, in fact it broke it more because now it will not load the Wii Shop Channel anymore. It is fully updated as well. So now it is set up for a full repair at no charge and the rep assured me that I would be able to re-download all of my VC games that I paid for. My question is has anyone ever sent a Wii into Nintendo and do they save you Wii shop information so you don't loose everything?
That's Hacking Awsome
Visit my Website http://hifeno.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

whatchitfoool
PSN Username:whatchitfoool
360 GamerTag:whatchitfoool
Steam ID:whatchitfoool

Re: Picked up Wii U and now Wii is broke

Post by whatchitfoool » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:16 pm

I have heard that they transfer your purchases to your new wii's identification numbers. that way the wii store thinks you have already bought them on that wii.
i cant confirm that 100%.

Hifeno
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Re: Picked up Wii U and now Wii is broke

Post by Hifeno » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:25 pm

I got my Wii back and it was all there. They had to replace the disc drive and motherboard go figure. Everything is done now. Thank goodness
That's Hacking Awsome
Visit my Website http://hifeno.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;