Xbox Controller Hack

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

juniorc0
Xbox Controller Hack

Post by juniorc0 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:27 am

Hi

I hope someone might be able to give me some advice or point me in the right direction.

I was born without hands, but have always been an avid gamer. My problem is, more and more games are increasingly relying on use of the trigger buttons and analog sticks in unison. While I am able to use a controller with it on a flat surface, I can only really use one stick and one trigger at a time, or both sticks.

Anyway, what I am looking for is an arcade stick style layout where all of the buttons are together. I know this exists on arcade sticks, but no arcade stick I've found also has the analog sticks on.

What would be great is if someone could let me know if there are any sticks/pads on the market with a similar setup (although I suspect I know the answer to that already!) or if not, where I might look/who I might speak to about getting something made or modded.

Thanks so much

Paul

RDC

Re: Xbox Controller Hack

Post by RDC » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:29 pm

Hey Paul,

Would something like this work?

I made that for a gamer awhile back that also had no hands. He could use a PS2 controller pretty well, minus being able to use the L1/2 and R1/2 buttons (Bumpers/Triggers on the 360) on it.

The inside of that stick is a Wireless 360 controller, though the Analog sticks were placed in the PS2 layout that he was more comfortable with. The Stick is the D-pad, then the 4 buttons under the Analog sticks are the Bumpers/Triggers.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.
Re-mappable Wireless 360 Controller - The CGnome

juniorc0

Post by juniorc0 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:57 am

To be honest, one of those would be perfect!!

How much roughly would it be to put something like that together?

RDC

Post by RDC » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:52 pm

Sent you a PM.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.
Re-mappable Wireless 360 Controller - The CGnome