Wii Laptop?

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

MHougesen
Steam ID:Hougesen
Wii Laptop?

Post by MHougesen » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:29 am

Hello i want to make a Wii laptop, Which would be my first portable/laptop :P , but i just don't know if a Wii laptop is too hard for a newb :?: .
-Mads Hougesen

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Re: Wii Laptop?

Post by Sparkfist » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:08 am

Honestly you'll be doing a lot to make a modern gen console portable or change its form-factor. Best advice is to start simple you'll need good de/soldering skills and know how to wire up compoinets youve moved or removed.

Begin with an Atari, NES, SNES or genesis. All have grwat gamibg libraries are not expensive to buy or build and very forgiving when it comes to your work on them. Once you can solder evenly and have gained a little experience, do research og whst Ben snd others hs ve done to ma ke a portable Wii. Then you will be ready.

-Sparkfist
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

ProgMetalMan

Re: Wii Laptop?

Post by ProgMetalMan » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:15 pm

Well, based on what I've been hearing from SS and zenloc, soon there will be lots of documentation on the Wii.
SOON!
However, the older systems are far easier to start off with. The easiest would pretty much be what sparkfist said. The clones (like the Retro Entertainment System) are also fairly easy. The next step (which many start off on) would be the N64, then the Gamecube.
ShockSlayer wrote:Proggy's right.
ttsgeb wrote:mfw prog was not only right, but 100% so.