I have been working on this for a some time now. It is fully complete. Quick specs:
1. Custom painted 120GB Xbox 360 Elite with Wireless N Adapter
2. 8.9" LED 1024x600 LCD Screen with VGA controller board
3. Logitech Z205 laptop speakers (Full Range Speakers) about 2 Watts each.
4. Custom spray paint: Rustoleum Painter's Touch Glossy White and Key Lime (Green)
5. Switch for enabling the VGA
6. Switch for picking build-in speakers or headphones
7. Headphones output has 100 ohm 1Watt resistors for L/R channels
8. RGB coaxial cable used for VGA wiring (shielded wires) so no interference etc.
9. Custom painted Xbox 360 wireless controller
10. LCD housing build with modeling wood
11. QuikWood used as wood filler
Everything inside is stock. I only have wires running to the parts outside. As you can see all stock vents are still there. Very nice and clean inside. Putting the screen inside would require a lot of mods to the cooling system so I made outside housing for LCD, speakers and audio amp. Beneath the right speaker is the audio amp and beneath the left speaker is the vga controller board. Audio amp gets the power from VGA controller board (5V). Main power (12V) is provided directly by power input pins. The rest is provided by your standard video/output pins on Xbox 360's motherboard. You can use all video outputs on the back as usual. The Xbox 360 was NEVER modded in any way and I plan to keep it that way.
Video coming soon
Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!
1 post • Page 1 of 1