Intergrated Xbox360 into a car

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

SashiGlory
360 GamerTag:Sashi Glory
Intergrated Xbox360 into a car

Post by SashiGlory » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:44 pm

im looking at integrating a 360 into my car. the only part im hung up on is stabilizing the DVD player to handle the bumps and rattle of a car *not that im gonna have the thing on and rolling while the cars on but i know how bad the drives are at transportation specialy if a disc was ""Forgotten"" and left in the xbox. does anyone have any ideas or suggestions or any expirence with doing this

ttsgeb
360 GamerTag:ttsgeb
Steam ID:ttsgeb

Re: Intergrated Xbox360 into a car

Post by ttsgeb » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:36 pm

It depends on how pretty you want it.
You could like... suspend it between rubber bands in your glove box or something.

Alternatively, find some light springs and have it resting on them. You know the slinky was actually invented (by accident) when trying to solve this problem for radar on boats. :D

Also, you'll get better results if you have the suspension method at least above and below the drive. The more directions you can shock insulate, the better.

SashiGlory
360 GamerTag:Sashi Glory

Post by SashiGlory » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:38 pm

I can always toss it in a box of memory foam lol but moving parts on the inside are still gonna move I mean let's take a genaric car stero and the CD players that they have. What would it take to apply that sort of shock resistance to the inside

superben51
PSN Username:superben52

Post by superben51 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:03 pm

You could also RGH it and run the games off a HDD and get rid of the dvd drive completely.

Zamda

Post by Zamda » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:07 am

Definitely RGH it, then get a cheap SSD and use it for a hard drive, you'll end up with essentially no moving parts