Trying to get started for ps3 slim laptop!

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

mastavaj
Trying to get started for ps3 slim laptop!

Post by mastavaj » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:07 am

Hi guys, I'm very new to all this but the ps3 laptop is just what I've been looking for. I am however finding it very difficult to get started. The main issue I have is the case? I have downloaded a file from the website, PS3_Slim.ai. I have downlaoded a trail Adobe Illustrator.

Do I send this file to a company that can cut using a CNC machine?

I am finding it hard to find any guides, apart from engadget which is incomplete.

I am from London, UK. Has anyone successfully made a ps3 laptop in the UK?

Any kind of help is most welcome.

Cheers

hulldude15
360 GamerTag:fin3rz

Re: Trying to get started for ps3 slim laptop!

Post by hulldude15 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:12 am

I can make custom cases for anyone, I have access to many CNC machines for free including: Laser cutters (can engrave too!), 2x 3D printers, CNC routers, millers, lathes etc . Ideally I would want/ask you to design the case on a 3D modelling software, however I would be able to do this for you if that isn't possible, obviously at an increased cost to you. Alternatively if want you want I already have a design for, then there would be no design cost. The cases will look awesome as everything would be computer controlled

Having not made cases for anyone before, I'm not entirely sure what to charge. It would of course be the cost of the materials, use of machines (which should be free) and what I consider to be reasonable for the use of my time (It won't be too expensive, I believe that we can all help each other out on this forum!)

If anyone is interested, contact me at: fin2@hotmail.co.uk

I'm near to creating my case so will post some pictures in the next month.